View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2010, 23:09   #3
x43x
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 SW

I just ordered a JSW this past weekend so I may be able to lend some advice.

I contacted three local dealers. Two didn't want to do much searching for me but said they could order my specific car. The third one searched for current inventory and future deliveries for all dealers west of the rockies and came up nil. I would have to order my car. The caveat of ordering now is 1 - Does the dealer have enough allotments to get your order in? And 2 - If they don't, and you have to wait an extra long time for your car, do you mind only getting the $650 tax credit if it arrives after June 30th, or maybe even waiting for a 2011?

I placed an order through my local dealer as they stated they were given many allotments and could get my order into the factory ASAP. In the meantime, I contacted Chris in PA and he found a car that matched my color choices and a few port options that he would have swapped out, coming to port on the east coast in early March. He did the #'s and even with shipping to Seattle, it would be $200 under MSRP. Just as I was about to tell him to sell me the car, my local dealer called to say my ordered car was accepted at the factory and it would be delivered in May. So, I am going local for MSRP and a little less stressing from the cross country shipping and buying out of state.

If you have to order a vehicle you might as well order all the options you want. The wheels are a port installed option I believe so it would probably cost you more to have them added later at the dealer. I'm not sure all of the body kit pieces are even available yet. I think they come plain too and they have to be painted to match your car color.
x43x is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07202 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.68 Kb. compressed to 14.19 Kb. by saving 1.50 Kb. (9.53%)]