First gen 4runner conversion

sdubfid

TDI
engine
looks awesome, if you are around mid January I'd like to check it out. Must be at least 6 Toyota/zuk vw diesels in the fraser valley now

ToyotaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 4Runner AHU
So its been almost a year since I've updated anything. Im happy to say that I am still loving the conversion every time I hop in. I haven't managed to get around to installing my GT1749VC yet as I have been busy with other such as blowing up the head gasket on my finicky Aprilia :rolleyes:

I had a chance to get the runner on the Dyno here at work last week, more of a baseline than anything.

The mods of current are PP520s with the 3" exhaust and intake. Timing is bumped a little bit as well. I was hoping for 100+hp with this setup but with 90 crank hp stock I suppose I can be satisfied with the results. I dont think you can find a sexier power curve :)

91.5HP @ 2150RPM lol
223Ft-Lb @ 2150RPM

I dont think the 34's are helping the situation much either. Good to know what PP520s can do on a stock turbo though.

Cheers

ToyotaTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1988 4Runner AHU
My fuelly sig pic is pretty accurate, I'm always hovering around 30mpg whether city/highway summer/winter pissed off or driving like an 80yo asian.

TDI
Toyota TDI
@ToyotaTDI

The photobucket link doesn’t seem to be working. The write up was very good but I couldn’t reference any of the pics!

Bolts-n-Hose

TDI
TDI