Just got my 2012 Touareg V6 TDI

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
:D

White, 12k miles (20k km), Lux with factory hitch.
I am one happy driver right now!

I still love driving my 99 bug, for 12 years now, but I need more room and better towing. Bug gets cleaned up and will be available soon...

Last edited:

Tom_B

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Touareg, 14 A6
Very nice, congratulations. We've only had ours about 6 mos, but I'm continually impressed. As you'll find out, the beast is awesome for towing. Does it already have the 7 blade receiver plug? If not there are far cheaper sources than the dealer ($15 vs about $75). Good luck!

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Very nice, congratulations. We've only had ours about 6 mos, but I'm continually impressed. As you'll find out, the beast is awesome for towing. Does it already have the 7 blade receiver plug? If not there are far cheaper sources than the dealer ($15 vs about $75). Good luck!
Yes, it does! I was worried it did not have the wiring until I discovered the receptacle, facing downwards on the slanted panel beside the hitch.

sarends

TDI
None Yet
Did you drive the 2013 Treg TDI before you bought your 2012? If so, did you find a difference in performance?

Thx

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Did you drive the 2013 Treg TDI before you bought your 2012? If so, did you find a difference in performance?

Thx
I drove a 2013 Sport. To be honest, I did not notice a difference in performance. The engine is a beast. VW upped the power on the 2013 and there is a thread that suggests it is not only a tune, but a different turbo as well. Perhaps, if you put it into sport mode and floored it, you might be able to see a difference. I didn't really notice anything different in my normal test drive.

I like power and I was convinced I would stop at the Malone tuner on my way home from the dealer. I didn't. The truck has so much power that I cannot even persuade myself that the tune is money well spent. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited: