Looking for someone to do my timing belt.

dand2

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Metallic Brown JSW w/Sunroof 6MT
Anyone in Maryland interested in doing a timing belt change? 2006 TDI In Frederick County...

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
In MD there are 2 centers listed in the trusted section. Oliver in Baltimore and Wheaton service in Silver Spring. I understand both have excellent reputations. If you want to drive up here, I will do it for you as well. I do have a few customers from MD.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
I don't recommend Oliver in Baltimore, PM sent to protect the innocent.

The first rule about the trusted list; don't trust it.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
If you don't want to drive to Mike's in NJ, tomo has said that the Orange Team at Martens VW in DC can be trusted, and Desmond's Auto Service in Baltimore has also been recommended here.

zocco

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI
I don't recommend Oliver in Baltimore, PM sent to protect the innocent.
The first rule about the trusted list; don't trust it.
That's the great thing about America as we are all entitled to our own opinion. Search the board, you'll find 50 Yays to 1 Nay.

I've gotten great service from both Oliver, and Tom in Stafford. And just following the board, hevster1 is A+ as well.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
That's the great thing about America as we are all entitled to our own opinion. Search the board, you'll find 50 Yays to 1 Nay.

I've gotten great service from both Oliver, and Tom in Stafford. And just following the board, hevster1 is A+ as well.
I sent a PM to TDIDave a few days ago regarding his problems with the "Torque Junkie," but have not yet received a reply. I, too, have only had exceptional service and advice from Oliver

Blownvette

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Corvette with V10TDI ,2004 (2)V10TDI’s
I sent a PM to TDIDave a few days ago regarding his problems with the "Torque Junkie," but have not yet received a reply. I, too, have only had exceptional service and advice from Oliver
Feel free to use Oliver with full confidence. I just turned 466,000 miles and the only issues I have had is when Oliver did not do the work.

If you have any questions regarding service quality I can be reached at 410-984-1001. Art

And for what it's worth I have all the tools and vagcom and complete work area to do timing belt jobs and let Oliver do all of mine. I find it to be a wash as I can make the same as he charges if I work vs taking off work to do the job and the quality is top rate.