2013 Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

1gunther1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL 2012 Passat SEL
Any idea if VW is bringing this to the USA?? This would be ideal for my needs for a repalcement for my Outback!

r11

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT (BB'd), 2015 Passat TDI SE 6MT
rumor has it they are afraid of affecting Audi sales, so not likely.

I say - take the oil burning '12/13 Passat, turn it into wagon, raise the clearance by 3-4", throw in on-demand/on-request transfer box and sell 1M of them, at U$35K.

We'd still get something like 45MPG Hwy, as opposed to 50 we're getting with Passat, due to added weight of rear diff, transfer box, prop shafts. One can dream ...

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Well, apart from the usual "Unobtainium Effect" engendered by things like this, as I understand it the European Passats, including this one, are a different car from the B7 being manufactured in Chattanooga and sold in the U.S. So- no.*

*And it was already mentioned previously in this thread that VW Grüppe is chary of having the VW line compete with Audi. The same thing applies to having what is to some extent a different product overlapping and competing with one already being sold. And the Euro Passat would be that.

scurvy

Good Ol' Boy
TDI
2006 Golf
Hrm, I looked at some pictures of the car... I could be mistaken, but it appears to have conventional wheels & tires for propulsion. How is this an alltrack again?

joem

TDI
Still waiting for a ALLTRACK TDI AWD
I would be the first in line if.....

The VW Alltrack would be a car that will get me away from Subarus here in the Saltbelt/Snowbelt of the U.S. and allot of the other owners of Subarus I know. The Toureg is just too much fluff. The Tiguan short real style, passenger space for more than 5, seems cheap and lets face it, it just does nothing for me. i emailed VW and they said there is absolutely no plans to bring this ALLTRACK to the states. But if we all emailed them and told them we want the AWD,TDI version we may get it. so state writing!

The Passat's lack of a wagon, 4Motion and low ground clearance keeps the Subaru's in this region King of the Road. There lack of importing a Diesel/TDI is hurting them here and no one wants the Hybrids here since the AWD's Hybrids don't do well in MPG's to offset the additional cost. I would rether get 45 MPG and the TDI's simplicity vs. 50-60 MPG and all the weight and complicated electronics that go with it.

I have 8.7"s of ground clearance, AWD and in a Limited all the ergonomic useful options one really needs. When you need to leave my home it is a 100' in 900 running foot desent and 500' 1 mile decent to the State Highway. Nearly half of the cars are a Subies because the roads are not plower at times. There is a big market here if it is priced right with a wagon, diesel and AWD. Even just one off center jump seat in the back would help a whole lot. If they leave one of those variables out they will not sell.

I would by a Sport wagon TDI but it is too small and no AWD option. Studded tire would work but it is too low to the ground when the roads are not plowed which is quite often when my wife leaves at 6am.

Bottom Live VW Bring in the ALLTRACK TDI and keep the Hybrids. If you must import the Hybrids make sure it is AWD. I would be the first in line!

yesmar

TDI
13 passat sel, 14 jetta 6speed
^how about a q5tdi or the glk bluetech. They will both be in the 2014 line up. The glk will be sub 40 and I can't see anyone willing to spend more for the q5. The allroad is a disappointment to Audi enthusiast compared to the previous allroad, and was just a bad replacement for the a4 avant to suit the united states market. I can't see vw bringing the alltrack state side as vag seems to be pushing the crossover trend on us over a badass wagon. I hope I am wrong

Coilovers , studded tires on a jsw?

yesmar

TDI
YESMAR, Was that for me? If so I don't understand.
Yes. I'm just thinking it would be possible to crank some coilovers up to a high setting and put a panzer skid plate under it and throw some studded tires on the front wheels. . I'm just rattling off suggestions for tdi, wagon, traction, underside protection, ground clearance. As I don't see the alltrack coming state side.
Also the tdiq5 or glk diesel might fit what you are looking for.

joem

TDI
\.
Also the tdiq5 or glk diesel might fit what you are looking for.
you talking about the Audi Q5 and the Benz GLK? If so both name brands are higher priced. Let face it the salt here sucks and you need to change vehicle often. Also both lack real wagon room.

yesmar

TDI
you talking about the Audi Q5 and the Benz GLK? If so both name brands are higher priced. Let face it the salt here sucks and you need to change vehicle often. Also both lack real wagon room.
I understand what you are talking about room wise, but don't let the company brand fool you. We are talking about 38k base price for a 4matic 7speed auto trans bolted to a 2.1turbo diesel engine. It was just an example off the top of my head.

Don't get me wrong I would love a tdi passat alltrack.

Knarrly Viking

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE 6MT, 2 of them!
Loved the AWD, wagon, and ground clearance of my old Subie. Didn't love the poor MPG, though. Now that I'm married with kid, it made more sense to split the all-in-one vehicle into two: Passat TDI for daily use and a 4WD truck for snow-driving and hauling. I also don't live in a place now where I need AWD. My friends in northern Idaho sure do, and there is a high percentage of Subies, like around joems neighborhood. Passat Alltrack TDI would be a Subie killer if priced right. Still think Subaru should bring their Diesel over here.

T100TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6MT
I would love one of those here. We don't get enough snow that I could justify the mpg of a Subie. Especially with the highway miles I rack up in the year. It doesn't make sense to take the hit on economy for the few times a year it'd be nice. The VW would make a great compromise for me. But until then I suppose I'll keep the Jetta but I'd be looking to trade in if it ever came stateside.

joem

TDI
I sent this to VW.com
Send them a message and tell them about all the sales they are missing.

http://web.vw.com/templates/Service?serviceName=infocenter&context=ContactUs
I must tell you again. You are missing out on a big market by not bringing the Passat Alltrack TDI 4Motion into the US. I have personally bought three NEW Subarus since the 2005 loss of my 2002 Passat. This version of the Passat would edge into the Subaru market in the NE USA. Shame on you.