hard to start BRM

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Okay, I am taking another crack at this to see if anyone has any new idea. 3 different shops in town have not helped cure it.

Starting the car it will fire up, then die.Then over the next 2-5 mins of intermittent cranking, the engine will stumble and fire up. If the car does not sit to long, it will fire up normally or if it has a full tank it will fire up. Once it gets below 7/8 to 3/4 it will have this problem if it sits to long.

I was replacing my valve cover because of a broken nipple in the back and noticed the injector harness looking bad with a break in the insulation, so I replaced that as well. Car runs better but still has the hard starting issue.

Could it be and injector issue? I've heard that injectors do not go bad that often. I do not have VCDS but the shops did and they didnt see anything that they said.

any help please.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Any chance it could be something simple? Like air in the fuel line? Starting and firing right up sounds like it has residual fuel in the pump. Then because the fuel has leaked all the way back to the tank it takes a while. That’s what I would suggest if it was a gasser. My old ford truck often does this.

You have an in tank lift pump can you hear it come on when you turn the key to glow the engine? If you can hear it try cycling the key to on, 3-4 Times and then try to start it see if that makes a difference. If it does you’ve got an air leak or lift pump on the way out.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
I pulled the line to the pump into the filter and turned the car on and fuel shot 20ft. lol

Could bad injectors o-rings cause this? I will check the whole system again from the lift pump forward next week. Try and find the leak or replace the pump.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Yes, it is a smokey. I was told it was a bad actuator on the turbo and my stage 2 cam.

If it's related I'd love to fix it.