What did you do to your MK7 today?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
My city has so many dips an nasty potholes, there is no way I'd lower mine, fwiw.
I lowered my GTI and regret it. Not touching the GSW unless I keep it long enough for the stock suspension to wear out, and then I’d go with a comfort setting on a decent set of coilovers. The VWR springs on the GTI are harsh.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I think the GSW suspension is limited enough stock. I don't want to change it in my car, but if I did I'd raise it.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hello,

I lowered my GTI and regret it.
Good to see (sort of). From time to time, I'm tempted to lower my GTI just a hair. But I don't want to ruin what I currently feel is a perfect ride and just about as firm as I think I can appreciate.

What springs did you install that you regret?

Thanks,

Scott

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hello,
Good to see (sort of). From time to time, I'm tempted to lower my GTI just a hair. But I don't want to ruin what I currently feel is a perfect ride and just about as firm as I think I can appreciate.
What springs did you install that you regret?
Thanks,
Scott
VWR’s

Nutty 5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW SEL TDI 6MT
Installed new fuel filter for my sis-in-laws 15. Was surprised the filter actually had a 2017 date on it. They actually replaced it when she bought it last May. Shocked!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Yesterday, actually. We were out of coffee :eek: so I took it out for a ride in our first real snow this year and was really impressed. Much better than our old B5.5 Passat. Had absolutely no problems while running the DSG in manual mode. I was able to get around a several cars spinning and stuck on a couple of hills. Running Conti Pure Contact DSW 205-55/16 @ 40 PSI.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Left out the word travel. I think it could use more. And I feel like it understeers more than my other VWs (the ones without rear sway bars). Might need a rear bar at some point, although I'm trying to leave this car alone.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
It's tuned at least. But I monkeyed with the suspension on my MKVI and it took three tries to make it better than what it came with. So I'm driving this one as is for a while. To the extent I drive it at all. :D

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
S Model
Ordered Ed’s Lights
Fog Lights, did search. Did any one ever find Fog Light Wiring behind Bumper Cover ? I know that would have to use a separate Switch like one member put in little cubby under turn single lever .

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Ordered my lights with HID's from Ed's on Tuesday. Still no tracking number? anybody have a timeline on how long these usually take? Would like to have for them in for my road trip next weekend.

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
installed LED fogs

Purchased the 10k oil change kit (w/ Castrol) from IDParts and performed the oil change. Had to borrow some ramps since my previous MKVI didn't need them (extracted the oil + filter access on top).

Also finally plugged in VCDS, and added (1) window up from key fob and (2) disabled seatbelt warning

Next on deck is to top off DEF, rotate wheels, and install LED fog lights
Finally installed my deAutokey LED fogs. Pretty simple install (no resistors required). Do they make a euroswitch for the GSW? I'd like to run only DRL+fogs at the same time.

--Ry

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Finally installed my deAutokey LED fogs. Pretty simple install (no resistors required). Do they make a euroswitch for the GSW? I'd like to run only DRL+fogs at the same time.

--Ry
Is it foggy all the time where you are?

Should be coding, no switch needed. At least I was able to code fogs with high beams.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Is it foggy all the time where you are?

Should be coding, no switch needed. At least I was able to code fogs with high beams.
just want to be more visible in daylight hours. i don't want to run my bi-xenons, to get fogs on. i just want DRL (led) + fogs.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Got back my UOA from Blackstone. Was thinking I'd see some higher numbers somewhere with the new turbo installed about 5k into the interval, but this car continues to impress!
Mobil1 TDT 5w-40 (DPF deleted)

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, the EA288 has no issues at 10k OCI. I couldn’t believe how low my first two UOAs were on wear metals.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Got back my UOA from Blackstone. Was thinking I'd see some higher numbers somewhere with the new turbo installed about 5k into the interval, but this car continues to impress!
Mobil1 TDT 5w-40 (DPF deleted)
Why the new turbo? Part of the upgrade?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The kit is from Darkside and the biggest changes are tubular manifold, downpipe, oil feed and return, and two coolant hard pipes that need modifying. Stock accordian intake pipe fits with just a reducing silicone coupler, and stock charge pipe fits with a longer 90deg silicone elbow.

The link in my signature takes you to my "build" thread. Engine bay looks mostly stock, which I prefer. Still in the stages of finalizing the tune, (it's been a journey) but this turbo can produce peak boost of 30.5psi by ~1800rpm. I think it will be killer for some autocross and daily driving abilities :)

ssffnomad

Veteran Member
TDI
2015, GSW, S, TDI, 6MT. 5/2017
Ed’s Lights adjustment ?

It looks like 3 of the adjustments are Phillips head, and the Low Beam is a Hex ?
I need to get the Lows down just a little.