FS: MK IV Bora \ Jetta OEM Xenon HID Headlights Replicas, Great Quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
Think there was somebody selling these here a while back. Never actually head from any members about fit/finish or overall quality of build and light output. If anyone has them drop a line or two.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
fit and initial quality seems good. i've had mine for about....a year now i think and they're nice.

one complaint, and that the horizontal adjustment seems inneffective when used. i just need to take them off of my car to readjust them...but its cold and i don't have heated shop. i've just been dealing with it as of late.

this price is much better then the price i paid...

vancity

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta 2001
I've gotten some feedback from people who have bought these lights in the last year from a different seller, and overall, they are happy with the build quality, light output, and appearance. No complaints about that I could find.

In terms of improvements, there was some concerns about quality control, dust in the housing, etc. Plus, they had a hard time aiming the lights. This may have been the case with the old batch, but these lights were manufactured this fall, not old stock, and quality control is definetly better.

I was able to adjust my headlights and aim them properly. I've had real OEM HIDs, the Helix replicas, and some cheapo Depo lights, and honestly they are closest thing to the real ones.

I think the real advantage of these lights if you are looks for some HIDS is not only the price, but you dont need to drill holes to fit an HID kit, apply sealant around the headlight housing, everything is plug and play. Plus the manual adjusters are a better design, they dont break like the OEMs. I could never aim my Helix OEM replica HIDs as well. I even took it to the shop I bought it from, he suggested getting some washers...

Why pay anywhere from $1200 to 2000+ for a new set, or $800-900 for a used set when you can get almost the same thing for much less.

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
I've gotten some feedback from people who have bought these lights in the last year from a different seller, and overall, they are happy with the build quality, light output, and appearance. No complaints about that I could find.

In terms of improvements, there was some concerns about quality control, dust in the housing, etc. Plus, they had a hard time aiming the lights. This may have been the case with the old batch, but these lights were manufactured this fall, not old stock, and quality control is definetly better.

I was able to adjust my headlights and aim them properly. I've had real OEM HIDs, the Helix replicas, and some cheapo Depo lights, and honestly they are closest thing to the real ones.

I think the real advantage of these lights if you are looks for some HIDS is not only the price, but you dont need to drill holes to fit an HID kit, apply sealant around the headlight housing, everything is plug and play. Plus the manual adjusters are a better design, they dont break like the OEMs. I could never aim my Helix OEM replica HIDs as well. I even took it to the shop I bought it from, he suggested getting some washers...

Why pay anywhere from $1200 to 2000+ for a new set, or $800-900 for a used set when you can get almost the same thing for much less.
What is the Country of manufacture for these lights? China/Taiwan/Germany? Please tell .....

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Headligts and ballasts are made in China. The D2S Xenon bulbs and the other bulbs are made by Osram or Philips in Germany.

I know, everyone says stuff made in China is junk.... I bought some stuff off Ebay such as a center arm rest, and subsequently threw it in the trash, I did not even want to try to sell it to someone else. I'm not here to sell junk.

This manufacturer is ISO 16949 certified, and these lights have the European E-code certification on them with the paperwork to back it up. This manufacturer specializes in producing headlights, grilles, taillights for OEM replacement for VW, Audi, Honda, Toyota, GM, Ford, and others. Their products are used mostly for replacement parts after an accident. So they are meant to look and fit like the originals.

Real Hella Jetta MK IV Halogen E-Codes are made in China as well. I'm selling some of the replica ones as well, and cant tell the difference which is Hella, and which is not, except one does not have the Hella label on it.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
I sent you a PM. I have a busted up ecode in need of replacing, which means it would be a good time for upgrading.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI

So..........If you have a stock MK4 without fogs. What do you need to make these work? Just a fog light wiring kit? What makes the leveling motors work? Or they simply plug and play?

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
So..........If you have a stock MK4 without fogs. What do you need to make these work? Just a fog light wiring kit? What makes the leveling motors work? Or they simply plug and play?

Without reference to these lights ...... to operate foglights on a mk4 thru a euroswitch you will have to run the wiring from the euro switch to a relay and then add lines to your light housings from there (as the mk4 tdis are not equipped with the wiring). I think ECS tuning carries the wiring you need. It's not a hard job.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
ONCE AGAIN.... HIDs DO NOT HAVE FOGS

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
ONCE AGAIN.... HIDs DO NOT HAVE FOGS

You are correct in this case. I did not look at the pictured lights well enough. There are however many projector style light housings on fleabay that have fogs incorporated as well into the housings.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
So these are plug and play?
Yes, remove your old headlights, plug in the new ones. You may need to use the manual adjusters to aim them.

If you want to use the leveling motors, than yes, you need to do some wiring, but most people dont bother. You can get this at some place like ECSTuning. Or go all out, and get the autoleveling setup for it.

Euroswitch is not mandatory as mentioned, OEM HIDs dont come with fogs.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Thank you for your sales to date. Someone mentioned I need to aim the headlights abit better, will post better photos when I get the chance.

I'm giving everyone a break on prices til Jan 1st.

squire89

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta
Yes, remove your old headlights, plug in the new ones. You may need to use the manual adjusters to aim them.

If you want to use the leveling motors, than yes, you need to do some wiring, but most people dont bother. You can get this at some place like ECSTuning. Or go all out, and get the autoleveling setup for it.

Euroswitch is not mandatory as mentioned, OEM HIDs dont come with fogs.

do you have any information on how to wire up the leveling motors?

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
do you have any information on how to wire up the leveling motors?
For manual levelers wiring all you have to do is run power, ground, and a signal wire from the rheostat to the levelers. Power and ground can be tapped off the city light bulb, so you only have to run 1 wire to the headlights.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Payment just went out for my chrome set. Any estimate for delivery time on these?

Thank you for your order Dave. Lights will be shipped on Monday, and will get you a tracking # by the evening. Shipping time will be about 7-8 days.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
guys, give feed back when you get and use these please!

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
dave and i will be giving feedback soon i'm sure :) i look forward to comparing these to my genuine hella ecodes

O.C.TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI, 09' JSW TDI, 09' BMW 335d
Are you in Vancouver B.C. or Vancouver WA??

Just out of curiosity since WA is 20 minutes away from me and B.C. is about 6hrs.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
I'm in Vancouver, BC. This explains why shipping is so high....it's actually higher than what I'm charging.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Mine are sitting at the post office right now. So I should hopefully have some feedback on them tonight.

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
Picked mine up today and spent some time going through them. The build quality generally seems pretty decent, the only obvious exception was the sealant around the lenses looking rather ghetto. Beyond that, my lights did have a few small assembly issues, that were fairly easily correctly:

1) The height adjuster wasn't attached on one of the lights. They use a ball and socket system like stock lights, and for mine the ball wasn't seated in the socket. Easy fix though, just turn the leveler pushing the ball all the way out until it seats in the socket. (Ironically, one of my genuine hella ecodes had this exact same issue when I got it 5 years ago)

2) One of the lights also had the projector sitting off center behind the housing. The projectors is mounted to 3 posts, 2 of which are above thick rubber washers(allowing some adjustability). One of the screws over the rubber washer was too tight, which was causing the projector to be off center. Loosened it up, and all is fine now.

3) One of the housings had 2 screw holes that had been stripped, and replaced with longer screws with a finer pitch thread. The other housing also had one stripped hole, but still with the stock screw.

4) One housing also had the HID bulb sitting loosely in it, with the retaining ring not properly secured around it.

In total it probably took me about an hour to get everything sorted out, the stripped screw holes I am not messing with for now. It's snowing out tonight, so it will be a day or so before they end up on the car. Assuming the levelers and all the lights work, and I expect to be very happy with them.

One thing I thought was kind of odd was the way these are wired up to retain the low beams on while the high beams are also on. The way they work connecting the high beam power lead to the low beam power lead via a large diode. The result of this is that the power for both the low and high beam are carried over the same wiring, and via the same contact in the switch. Although pulling the diode looks like it would disable this.

vancity

TDI
Jetta 2001
Thanks for your feedback. I think it is possible the ball and socket and the housing for the projector bulb came loose while in transit.

I'm glad things were good overall, and just a quick fix here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.