N75 upgrade

Little Pickle

Veteran Member
TDI
Seat Arosa 1z TDI 150bhp/320NM
Hi folks!

As it appears I have been having low boost problems for years and finally have found the cause! My 1z was taken from a 96 Golf and installed into a pocket size Seat Arosa (sig pic).

I cleaned my N75 valve with WD40 and the difference was night and day! The thing is crazy quick now. To give you an idea Audi RS4´s cant get near me.

Anyway, my question is should I just change my N75 for the original or is there a better option? Maybe one from a MK4 or an after market one?

Any advice on this will be great.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
No upgrade; just change it for an original one.

Tony

BolaB4V

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 passat tdi wagon, 97 F-150 XLT 4x4, 99.5 Mk4 Jetta VR6/5M
Thinking of doing something with the N75 valve, not that Ive got problems ,but think that would be a fairly quick procedure to see if there's more power in there being overlooking. I know its pretty old. Never checked it and have put 56-7k on it since Ive owned it.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
The wastegate actuator can be adjusted, but without a tune, it's hard to get more boost, reliably. The cheapest big bang for the buck, is nozzle upgrades.

Tony

bryguy

TDI
2002 Jetta
Agreed, just put .216mm nozzles in my '02 Jetta and the thing is a rocket. HUGE increase in power! Car is otherwise relatively stock. It is really fun to drive now! :)