Perhaps a record?

Driv'n EZ

Veteran Member
What ONLY 10 month wait to get the car of your dreams that you will keep for the next decade and a half?!?!?!

I agree, that Fred's can keep us going in anticipation of the arrival of a new car. I only had to wait for 3-4 months, but am super happy I did.

Glad you waited, and congrat's on the acquisition.

Hey, just wondered if you wanted to jot down one or two of the "chapters" in your "book" about the wait for your car. I'm sure it would be an interesting read for the rest of us. Go for it. I'd read it. Sounds like it would be a great read.

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
pretty much ditto on everything my brother...i mean...drivn' sayz.

congrats and glad you are with us

garrett P.

------------------
2000 JEDI TDI Silver
Full Commander, Prime Minister of Power and all that is good
assistant to President Valois in the UPsolute territory

mainetdi

After ordering a 2000 Golf GLS on March 15th,
we actually took delivery of a beautiful 2001
on December 7! Could write a book , or at least a short story about the maze we went through. This forum kept us going when had thoughts of looking at Audi's. Also having had three other VW's helped and we were so convinced that a TDI was the only reasonable choice for a long term car. Our cars last for an average of 10-14 years and 250,000 plus miles. Although, you folks weren't aware
of it, your daily give and take just reaffirmed the correctness of our decision!
THANKS TO ALL!

Gary S

Veteran Member
The way I did it was decide I wanted a TDI then called every dealer for 1000 miles in a circle and took the first 5 speed I could find. Forget about colors and models and just get the TDI. What I did find is that most want to price up about a grand over the sticker cause ther'e rare. Long story shortend is I got a Red Jetta GLS 5 spd with all options except leather. I'm happy!

------------------