Golf Mk3 TDI drag car 450 hp, info? video inside

Bojje

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 1,9 TDI -02
Any dyno and performance figures? Internal mods? Porting? Boost? Can't imagine an 1.9 tdi @ 450 hp being more reliable than the crazy tractor pullers :)

kenmaira

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf Mk4 2001 1.9 ALH
I love how that engine idles, it sounds like a diesel train, just waiting to run something over :D

whoabeats

TDI
98 RIP, 00 chugging along
I wonder what that thing has for degrees of timing and injector line size. It sounds awesome at idle. And what does it have for a tranny? You might want to build an auto to better your times in the quarter mile.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
I run 30 deg pump timing and 6mm inside dia inj lines I think.I was at an arm drop racing event on the weekend and had fun.It was held at an old airport and was 1000 ft.Basically no traction until 3rd and 4th and I beat most of the cars I went aganist.

I kept blowing intercooler boots off at 80+ psi boost but got them to stay on eventually.My cousin put the video on youtube and I don't doubt That its too far off 450bhp now.

I'll hopefully have the car out to a proper dragstrip before the snow falls.

The 02a doesn't want to shift quickly at higher rpm (above 7000) so I shifted sooner and made better shifts.

whoabeats

TDI
98 RIP, 00 chugging along
Thing sounds awesome man, and I see we have the same pickup truck. I bet that thing gets out of its own way too haha

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
It made approx 350whp and 420wtq last time we dynoed it.I think it was mentioned in one of the 2 links that were posted up in this thread.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
I do have some Go pro footage from a drag strip.It was a very poor run and it was my first run of the season.I didn't even shift into 4th gear beacuse I was having issues with not being able to rev high enough.Its the only footage I have so far and I figured you guys would like to see it anyhow.It is a 9 minuite video but the only good part is from the 2-3 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/user/andy2turbo?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/9jg3U8BFAFM

Sbeghan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5spd 390k mi
Damn, I don't think I've stopped smiling for 10 minutes. I don't normally use this word but that's SICK.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Keep up the good work Andy

I'll have to come down for a visit again and check out the beast

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
Do you have any new 1/4 mile times to post up on Jason's spreadsheet (1/4 mile sticky)?

You have an old time on there with it listed at 14s but it looks like you should have the fastest VE in North America now

Awesome build! :)

turbo johan

Veteran Member
Love this project Andy.
What is your fastest ET now?
Í would love to see some 12's, should be possible..

Johan

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks guys,I think that run in the video was 13.2 @94mph.Not too sure about that however.I let off the fuel at the end 3rd gear which was likely close to the 1000ft mark.The governor in the inj pump still cuts the full fuelling off too soon but it works much better now.As I made that run The fueling was cut back the whole time.I can really lay the coal now and can't wait till I gat the car to the track.Looking for 120mph+ trap speed.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
The inj lines I found at my work.They were just some old lines that we had kicking around.I suspect that you could get them from any of the big fuel shops like scheid diesel etc..

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
Just making a correction the inj lines were 6mm outside diameter and 3mm inside diameter.