BCM Module

powerstroker363

TDI
2013 Passat SEL DSG, 2014 Passat SEL DSG (SOLD), 2014 Ram 2500 Cummins
Just an FYI for all, I have a 2013 Passat SEL Premium build date 6/2013 and my horn stopped working on it when I would lock the doors via remote or KESSEY. I looked all through the Central Elect-9 and everything was checked that needed to be set for the alarm to sound when you lock the car or when you hit the PANIC button on remote. Took car to the dealer they could not figure it out, they tried to tell that some module do that. I said BS, the car did it when I bought it. They also said my car did not have the horn up front for the feature.... Now I'm pissed... So I told them to contact VW and find out what the issue is. I told them that I think the BCM module is bad, but the tech there said no its not. A week went by and the dealer called me back and told me that my BCM module was bad.... Go figure... Come to find out my car the BCM module controls the car horn when you lock the car or hit the PANIC button... But my wifes car is a 2014 build date 7/2013 and she has the horn that sounds like a bird chirping... See has the horn the up front that this lonely connector is used for.

Kris

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Glad to hear they're replacing your BCM module.

FYI: The chirping horn (officially dubbed the "meeper" by compu85!!) wasn't OEM on the 2012 (or 2013?). Compu85 installed one on his 2013 and can tell us all more about it if he reads this thread.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Well there's the meeper horn (which I still haven't installed on our car yet), and there's the euro alarm siren which does go "chirp!" when you lock the car. If you hit the panic button it will make a wailing sound, not a horn honking sound.

If her car does have the alarm siren instead of the horn that would be a nice change for '14. The siren has a backup battery in it so if someone sets it off they can't disconnect the battery to stop the alarm.

EDIT: Does the alarm on her car sound like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o84equd7pk8

-J

mrmoto35

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Passat TDI SE w/SR
Well there's the meeper horn (which I still haven't installed on our car yet), and there's the euro alarm siren which does go "chirp!" when you lock the car. If you hit the panic button it will make a wailing sound, not a horn honking sound.

If her car does have the alarm siren instead of the horn that would be a nice change for '14. The siren has a backup battery in it so if someone sets it off they can't disconnect the battery to stop the alarm.

EDIT: Does the alarm on her car sound like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o84equd7pk8

-J
I wish my NMS did that! That would also be a nice deterrent for home invaders. Keep your fob at your bedside and if you hear an intruder just push the panic button. That will send them running!

powerstroker363

TDI

-J
compu_85

No, when I hit the panic button it is definetly a siren going off but not as hi pitched as Euro Siren. It's not even the regular horn going off when you lock or hit the panic button. She must have the beeper horn for the alarm system.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
compu_85
No, when I hit the panic button it is definetly a siren going off but not as hi pitched as Euro Siren. It's not even the regular horn going off when you lock or hit the panic button. She must have the beeper horn for the alarm system.
Time to bust out the smart phone and make a video for us. I'm curious.

powerstroker363

TDI
Roger that VeeDub, I will do it today. I tried it again this morning and it does kind of sound like the euro siren in the video now. I think maybe it was that the car was inside the garage and now its outside....Mmmm

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Yo...Mr. Moderator...how about changing the title of this thread...isn't it now discussing an OEM alarm option?