NY-Mexico starting 12/28 (OH, KY, TN, AR, LA, TX, Mexico?)

Pedrokep

TDI
97 VW Passat
Hey everyone my brother and I are looking to pick up some oil on the way to Mexico starting December 28th (this Friday). We are both college students and have our car running on oil and would greatly appreciate any oil we can pick up to help us on our voyage. We plan on bringing at least 15 oil cubes with us and will most likely have empties if we pass you. Our route is as follows:

I-90 West from NY to Akron, OH
Next we will hop on I-71 South through Columbus and Cincinatti to Louisville, KY
Next is I-65 South to Nashville, TN
From there we go I-40 West through Memphis, TN to Little Rock, AR
From Little Rock, AR we go on I-30 South onto U59 South to Houston, TX
U77 Will bring us to from Victoria, TX to Kingsville, TX and eventually leading into Mexico. In Mexico we dont really have any set plans. We are probably going to travel the east coast but really could end up anywhere.

If you are looking to make a big profit on us dont waste your time responding. I know from my personal experience, at home I have so much oil I dont know what to do with and would not mind giving it to some travelers. If your willing to share and help out some needy college students, please let me know and hopefully we can work something out. We are willing to stray a little off our route for oil. Just write me an email with your city/location and a phone number I can reach you at. I will try and give you as much of an advance notice as possible. Thanks in advance.

Pedrokep

TDI
97 VW Passat
Chemboy- I actually do go to ESF. How did you guess that? I am in my senior year in the Construction Management program.

Chemboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen DSG
I'm an ESF alum (Chemistry, '00) and get the ESF updates in the mail. There have been several articles about WVO and biodiesel....you have anything to do with that?

--Andy

Pedrokep

TDI
97 VW Passat
Chemboy- I have a few firends in the Chemistry department. One of them is going the natural products route another dropped out... I have not heard anything about WVO at the school but I know they are making biodiesel for the schools buses and trucks. One of my room mates actually took over making the biodiesel for the school from another kid who is graduating. I keep on telling him to hook me up with some, I have never even put BioD in my car yet. The only other person running WVO I am aware of is some professor or something like that. As far as I know I am the only student running WVO but I keep spreading the word.

As for ESF, I do enjoy the school alot. I just wish I would have come here first then mess around at the other three colleges I had been to..

Also going back to the original intent of this post, Does anyone who lives on or near my tavel route have any WVO to spare? If so, email me at pedrokepdos@hotmail.com with your city/state/zip code and phone number. Thanks!

Last edited:

MrErlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf 4dr 5sp
since no one has actually offered you any oil yet, i'll be the first. Omaha, NE isn't on your route, not even that close... but you're welcom to as much oil as you'd like from me (free of course). i'm just getting started building my appleseed processor so i don't really need the oil for another couple months or so. i've been trying to build up a backlog so i'll have entire batches to run when the processor is up and running.

i realize you probably won't want to go all the way over to omaha, but it might help others if you listed more specifics of what you're looking for...

do you care about the source of the oil, meaning either what type of restaurant or what type of source crop?
what condition oil are you looking for? straight out of the fryer, or would you like filtered oil?
do you have any filtering specifics you'd like people to meet?

if by some strange twist you do decide to swing past omaha, let me know. also, make sure to keep us all updated about how the trip is going. good luck and enjoy it.

EDIT
i just looked at a map, and i realize that omaha isn't a slight adjustment to the route... it'd be a totally different trip. but hey, Omaha, Kansas City, Wichita, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Houston is a good trip, i've made it maybe a dozen times.

Last edited:

Pedrokep

TDI
97 VW Passat
I dont have many restrictions really. Ideally I would like filtered oil because that would save me the 6 or so hours it would take me to heat it and filter it. As for type of oil it doesnt really matter as long as there isnt any water. I filter my oil at home down to 10 microns so something close would be good. As it turns out, we probably wont be leaving until the 30th or so. For those who have emailed me I will give you a call in advance for when I may come by.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
There is a bunch of oil that someone left in front of my shop (don't want it don't need it) come and pick it up any time. about 80 gallons in cubes looks like good stuff.

10012 Old Lockhart Rd.
Austin TX 78747

my shop is in the back. here are some directions