You know you're obsessed when....

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
You know you\'re obscessed when....

Opps, I thought I was the only one who called their TDI "My Baby"

Here's mine.
...you fell a sense of pride when one of your children ask's for you to find them a TDI for their first car

tditone

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-dr, Reflex Silver

.... you consider an article on the technical properties of diesel fuel to be "a little light bedtime reading"

-Tone

newflyer22

Veteran Member
TDI
(former) 2003 Golf GL TDI Reflex Silver/ Black

...you would rather spend your free time with your TDI than your closest friends...

...you ask your doctor if there is medication available for a TDI obsession...

...when somebody else uses the word 'Gas' while riding in your TDI, you say, "Don't you ever use that kind of language in my car again!"...

...you feel more sensitive to the needs of your car than the people in your life...

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS

When you sit and stare for a half-hour at the new gallon of Delo400 you just bought thinking you would just run it a few thousand miles to 'clean out' your system then replace it, but... You shake your head, roll your eyes and grab your gallon of $30 Delvac1 instead...

obsessed

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI Reflex Silver / Black

I was realy excited when I pulled into a local restaraunt
and got to park next to 3 other tdi's
My wife thinks I'm crazy
thinks I stalk the lot looking for VW's to park next to.

bert

TDI
Passat Estate 2001 130bhp Gold

You know you're obsessed when you notice that obscessed has been spelt wrongly! (or is that just in the UK?)

VDubVerruckt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL, Reflex Silver
You know you\'re obsessed when....

You know you're obsessed when you go to the stealership to take a TDI for a test drive and you know more about the engine and features than the salesman does.

You know you're obsessed when you're out on your test drive and you struggle with the thought of having to take the car back rather than trying to empty the fuel tank.

Geez, I really really need to sell my truck.

vavet5308

Veteran Member
TDI
Guinevere 00 Golf GLS Silver
You know you\'re obsessed when....

Anyone remember the Ford Centurian? It was a custom vehicle produced before the Expedition and Excursion. Picture a Ford F350 pickup with the bed and camper top of a Ford Bronco on the back.

Once came into the shop where I was working a few months ago with the big diesel engine. I was drooling all over it. It was like a combination of my 2 vehicles - my 00 Golf GLS TDI and my 95 Ford F150 4x4 pickup.

2fastdre

Veteran Member

You know you're obscessed when...

1. If you are an active member of TDICLUB forums.
2. If you read all 20 reasons in the oroginal message of this thread, then read all the responses, and then responded yourself.

Wait a second!

2FastDre.

NussWag

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL, Reflex Silver

You know you're obscessed when...

1. If you are an active member of TDICLUB forums.
2. If you read all 20 reasons in the oroginal message of this thread, then read all the responses, and then responded yourself.

Wait a second!

2FastDre.
And keep checking on the thread to read any new additions.

tditone

Veteran Member
TDI

... you offer to drive for a lunch with coworkers... in hopes of getting to brag about your TDI!
... I'm actually about to do this right now!

-Tone ("Did I mention I get 50mpg?")

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan

tditone said:
... you offer to drive for a lunch with coworkers... in hopes of getting to brag about your TDI!
... I'm actually about to do this right now!

-Tone ("Did I mention I get 50mpg?")
...or you forego getting food during your 30 minute lunch break so you can browse the TDIClub forums and post responses...

bigun

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI

Great thread! Too funny!

.......you scarf down your lunch so fast that it gives you heartburn the rest of the day so you can spend as much of your lunch break as possible on tdiclub.com.

.........you ask a friend you haven't seen in a while what kind of car he drives now and what kind of mileage he gets only to brag that you get 3 times as much.

........you intentionally wait a few more minutes to leave the job right at 5 when everyone else does so they can hear the diesel clatter when you pull off in first at 10 mph!

botis

TDI
2011 Golf TDI & 2012 JSW TDI

..... your laptop smells like diesel.

tditone

Veteran Member
TDI

... you use the drive-thru at Dunkin Donuts: not because it's faster and more convenient, but because there's a cool brick wall on the way out that gives you a perfect diesel-clatter reverb!

-Tone

steam4

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS, Silver

......or not minding driving thru highway construction zone concrete barriers for the same reason.

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan

...you pull along side another TDI and neither one of you will look over at each other because you think you're the coolest one...

duh

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 2000, Black

You don't trust a VW that has no TDi Emblem showing...

So you go and look at the tachometer just to make sure!

duh

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 2000, Black

You carefully read through all the posts on this thread and when you discover a missing obsession you get dieselwood!

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.

See time stamp...

(hopeless)

mailman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Black Jetta TDI

... as you're reading all these posts, visions of driving the TDI are dancing in your head ... and you remain mindful of these visions even after you close your browser ... hmmm, these visions seem to have been there before I launched my browser ...

I may need professional help.

cattlerepairman

Veteran Member
TDI
none

...you have your girlfriend read this thread and she keeps saying "Yes....that's you..yes....and that, too...and that..and that..."
while getting increasingly worried as she begins to realise the true depth of the problem. Hers. Not yours.

At the same time you are getting relief from the fact that you are, by far, not the only addict out there!

MORE_MPG

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat Wagon, 1996, Grey

... you pay the state EXTRA money for a license plate.
... you are asked by co-workers to test drive an A3 TDI for them only to feel sad for them when they sell it to buy a 1/2 ton truck.
... you are please, but not surprised when you father buys a B4 TDI, and are asked to go along on the test drive.
... think of the death of your sisters' first car as an opportunity (sad as it is). And am proud when she gets an A4 TDI, AND RUNS BIODIESEL!
... actually drop by the dealer to talk to that one sales guy who already knows the question before I ask "Are the 2004 TDI Passats for real?" (He says yes, but doesn't have the brochures yet.) Also, knows me by my car even though I didn't buy it or anything from him.

EmeraldTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
previous: 1997 Jetta (green); 2000 Golf TDI (Silver)

Yep, I find myself nodding and smiling at so many of these! Here are some more, I KNOW I'm not the only one who can agree with these...

1. Everyone you meet you want to convert to a fellow TDI-owner.

2. Your kids can now spot a TDI a mile away ("hey daddy, there's a TDI")

3. You assume every TDI owner MUST be a member of TDIClub.com and wonder how they could possibly get the most out of their TDI if they aren't a member.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!

... You opt out of a company purchased plane ticket so you can drive 900 miles each way for a business meeting 5 states away..
(Yes.. I did it and just got home a few minutes ago) (and I'm already on the TDI club?? gheesh..)