Transmission oil change kit

pikewrench

TDI
CKRA, 2013 & 2015 Passat
Instead of buying the kit they sell to change tranny oil, I bought a 2 gallon pump up garden sprayer for 16 bucks, ordered a new oil plug for the tranny, drilled it out and tapped for a 1/4 inch threads. bought a 1/4 male x barbed brass adapter at the local hardware to install into the tapped drain plug. and about 8 foot of clear 1/4 id tubing. Installed the tubing thru the adapter on the sprayer housing and feed enough for it to rest in one of the molded foot depressions inside on the bottom, and pushed the other end on the barbed fitting (got to tighten the housing adapter and ensure the plastic ferrel is installed correctly). Got about 26 bucks in this and it works really well. Have used it at 40K and again at 80K. Have this one marked for VW usage. Have done the same with a one gallon to use with Ford LV Mercon to flush the lines and Torque converter out. Garden sprayer should have the right seals/O-rings to withstand the chemical used in lawn and garden applications

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Do share some photos, sounds like a good tool you made up. Have to do this soon as well

Dunno513

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 NB PD-TDI DSG
even easier way with no waste

$2 oil fill tube / adapter sold at Walmart and a Gatorade bottle. Tip of oil tube is a tight fit in the oil filter orifice, cut the bottom of the bottle out, small bungee cord to keep it upright and fill er up. 5l out, 5l in. bing bang boom. Tube even has a handy cap to keep oil drippings to a minimum.

I believe I owe Herm the honors of the tube adapter to speed it along. I had used a long transmission funnel before. Much faster and no watching oil drain out of the housing.

its called a trans and oil spout Walmart # 554059544.

Last edited:

pikewrench

TDI
CKRA, 2013 & 2015 Passat
Had an old brass tire valve that I installed on it, now I just maintain 10 psi and no pumping