Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
I believe the criteria for getting on the list is to have folks who have had work done there post references.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Hi guys, would it be possible to add us to the trusted mechanics list?
AARodriguez Corp.
203 Whitepark Dr.
Suite H
Dallas, GA 30132
www.TuneMyEuro.com formerly www.FixMyVW.com
Office Phone 678-535-7172
Services Available include:
Dyno testing in our new Mustang Chassis Dyno cell
Malone Tuning
JR Auto Performance Tuning
APR Tuning
General Maintenance
Timing Belts
Performance upgrades
VW Key Cutting and Programming for cars 1998-2015
I've been more than happy with everything I've had done by these guys. Have had both JR and Malone tunes on three of my vehicles over the years and have ordered many parts through them. Always fast turn around on everything and amazing customer service. Andrew has been in the industry for a long time and is a pioneer in his field.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Gangles

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI Hatch
I had Roman (GotEuroCorrado) recently do a Timing Belt Service. He also fixed a smoking issue with my TDI which involved a replacement turbo actuator, new check valve, EGR, fixing my nearly broken shifter assembly, swaybar bushings, etc. The car drives so much better now - basically like new! I'm not one to let people work on my vehicles, but I was lacking free time these past couple months to dig deep into these issues. Roman was able to fix all these issues and I actually feel it was worth the money spent. This is HUGE coming from someone like me. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him! His info is:

267-317-8229
Automotive Consulting Services
21 North York Unit 3B
Hatboro PA, 19040

If you're in SEPA, Jersey, Delaware, NE Maryland, etc., give him a call or PM him here!

Last edited:

sootful

TDI
1997 Passat TDI, 2002 Golf GLS TDI
Just got an email from Bens Vdub shop in Madison Wi. they are reorganizing their emails. they are not taking any new customers till June/July via email. they are trying to get caught up on older projects and are concentrating on getting those done.
they no longer are taking phone calls or have counter hours. strictly by email.

Ben has retired and only does custom work/builds now.
I got an email from him stating: "Ive retired from the service aspect of the automotive industry. Im only doing custom builds, restorations,and buying and selling classics."

uturn

Veteran Member
TDI
96 B4V Silk Blue Metallic
Automedix LLC mobile auto repair in Bremerton, WA ASE master certified specializing in VW/ Audi repair.
(360) 200-0556
“Uturn”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
I've been more than happy with everything I've had done by these guys. Have had both JR and Malone tunes on three of my vehicles over the years and have ordered many parts through them. Always fast turn around on everything and amazing customer service. Andrew has been in the industry for a long time and is a pioneer in his field.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
I was super happy with Andrew's services as well!

Originally Posted by AARodriguez Corp. View Post
Hi guys, would it be possible to add us to the trusted mechanics list?
AARodriguez Corp.
203 Whitepark Dr.
Suite H
Dallas, GA 30132
www.TuneMyEuro.com formerly www.FixMyVW.com

RoundHouse

Veteran Member
I can vouch for Roger Feldt on the south side of Atlanta and Troy Sentz on the north side in Canton

I’ve had top notch work done by both and they are great people

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I can vouch for Roger Feldt on the south side of Atlanta and Troy Sentz on the north side in Canton

I’ve had top-notch work done by both and they are great people
It's been a long time since we heard any feedback on these two gurus. 1) Are your experiences with them recent? 2) Do you know if their contact information is up to date?

mattgf1123

Need help with a 2000 Vw golf tdi fuel line issue in Los Angeles. I’m on the west side.
tried to use the google doc to find someone but it seems out of date...

Details:
Re: Vw golf tdi (2000)
starting &/or fuel line issues. Local mechanic said it is air in the lines and it happens periodically and then usually the turbo goes out and high revs and have to stay below 60 mph. This mechanic was able to alleviate these issues, but it eventually happens again. Thanks.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Need help with a 2000 Vw golf tdi fuel line issue in Los Angeles. I’m on the west side.
tried to use the google doc to find someone but it seems out of date...

Details:
Re: Vw golf tdi (2000)
starting &/or fuel line issues. Local mechanic said it is air in the lines and it happens periodically and then usually the turbo goes out and high revs and have to stay below 60 mph. This mechanic was able to alleviate these issues, but it eventually happens again. Thanks.
Notoriously not a lot of TDI mechanics in California, TDIs were not sold new there. But today there are plenty folks with TDIs out there.
Try local car clubs, even PM some forum members.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Anyone in palm beach county Florida
I know a guy, but he a little gun shy with new customers. He has been burned a few times by customers. He lives in Hobe Sound and has a shop of his own, but also still works for Schumacher in Lake Park.

I can ask him if you like.

Jason

tab2

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
List aside - anyone know any Tampa (or close) mechanics that are good?
My Kid has been driving my old (Bought her new) 2001 Jetta TDI, fills the coolant and it empties mysteriously - sometimes drives just fine, sometimes on longer drives, he has to stop and fill it up.
WE did the EGR bypass, replaced hoses, etc, still happening

He is getting out of Army AIT and wants to drive her to his first new station but we need this fixed. Do any of you know any crack VW mechanics anywhere around the Tampa area at all - we are in Palm Harbor but I can drive it out or have it towed.

Thanks in advance

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
On my daughter's 03 gasser Passat, it ended up being the o-ring under the degas bottle. Pull the bottle up and replace the o-ring, or maybe just replace the complete unit, and you should be good to go.

prijken

TDI
'06 Jetta TDI Grey Pkg 2
Trusted TDI Mechanic in Mississippi

Anyone familiar with Madison Autowerks in Madison, MS, just outside Jackson. My son is moving there with his (my old) 06 Jetta TDI and I wanted to know if this is a good shop for VW TDI's

where2

Veteran Member
TDI
One '13 JSW_TDI & One '04 Variant_TDI
Review: Talbot Motors - Berryville, VA

Last summer, my wife and I had the misfortune of cooking a clutch that was in our MkIV while traveling on vacation between FL (our home), and Maine (our destination). To be honest, the clutch was overdue before we ever left home, and an hour plus of stop-n-go traffic in the mountains leading up to an accident site in western Virginia finished off what little remained of the friction material after 225k miles.

The first shop I called off the trusted mechanics list said "I'd love to help you out, but I honestly can't fit you in this week..." I thanked them for their honesty, and as the VP of a business: I totally understand how customer commitments work. So, I continued on down the trusted mechanic list. As a result of the TDIClub list, my wife and I had the incredible fortune to meet Mark Talbot of Talbot Motors in Berryville, VA. For the record, I'm not a stranger to wrenches or working on VW's. I had intended to do this clutch myself. I have worked on everything from an air cooled Mk1, Water cooled Mk1, Mk2, my MkIV, and my wife's MkV. (I've done engine swaps, suspension refreshes, a TDI intake + EGR cleaning, dash removals, headliners, brake upgrades, electrical upgrades...)

My review having my MkIV clutch serviced by Mark Talbot was nothing short of totally impressed. Mark knows his VW's, and what he hasn't committed to memory from having worked on VW's day in and day out for decades he walks over to his Bentley, flips directly to the page he needs to refresh his memory, dials that into his torque wrenches and torques to spec using the factory specs. I unequivocally recommend Talbot Motors to anyone in the area needing their VW serviced. He doesn't have a huge multi-bay shop, but he's got everything he needs to do the job right. When we left Talbot Motors, we put 1000+ miles on our new LUK clutch and DMF in the following three days. I've put 4k on this MkIV since the clutch was replaced, in addition to 3k miles flat towing the car behind our RV. Mark's work is solid. He did everything I would have done myself, and I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again. (I just wish I didn't have to drive 1k miles to get to his shop!!) Mark even put my car on his VAG-COM to check the IP numbers before we left to continue the next 1,000 mile leg of our vacation trip. Everything was in spec, but it never hurts to check when you have a Guru looking at your car. ;)

tab2

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
On my daughter's 03 gasser Passat, it ended up being the o-ring under the degas bottle. Pull the bottle up and replace the o-ring, or maybe just replace the complete unit, and you should be good to go.
Degas bottle? DO you mean the coolant reservoir?

tab2

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Should remove Florida FullThrottle
Son brought his car there this week, they said they are closing at the end of the month so they are not sure they can get to it. Should probably remove this trusted mechanic from the list - sigh

Full Throttle
Owner= Shannon
Orlando Florida 407-253-9081

Dr Quail

TDI
Jetta Wgn 03/ A4-5spd.
TDI service in Fresno, CA

Kurata Auto Service

since 1964
606 Divisidero St, Fresno, CA
559-264 2045

Ask for Dave Kurata, man is a genius...also Porsche, etc.

can't say enough good about this man. JW

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Works O.K. on my netbook, but I have had miscellaneous problems with Google in the past year. Sometimes links don't come up, other stuff.

beckster

TDI
MK4 Jetta
Capital District NY/Western Mass I'd like to recommend Andrew Flint. His info:

Flint European Automotive
906 Central Nassau Rd, East Nassau, NY 12062
518 766 5654

He's closed Sat-Mon. He doesn't do aftermarket stuff, but he's top notch, professional, and very knowledgeable. He does a lot of work on Vanagons I believe. He's fair with pricing too.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Believe our moderators like to see what repairs you had done before they add them to the list.

RedSerge

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2000 Golf Silver
Greetings fellow members!
After couple years of searching I'm finally back in business on my own. I used to own The Auto Clinic in Irvine years back and done work for a few forum members. I still drive my old 2000 Golf TDI and planning to hit the 300,000 mark soon.
Below is my new (to me) shop's info:

Auto Care Experts
23662 Via Fabricante
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
(949) 588-9813
https://www.autocareexperts.com/

If calling - ask for Serge. We do mechanical repairs/services, smog checks, as well as body/paint work, have comfortable waiting room with free desktop PC, WiFi, coffee and snacks, offer free loaner cars with major repairs. We are somewhat high end business but I'll do my best to be fair to all the forum members.
I feel like TDI's are becoming somewhat rare but hope to be able to work on these fine machines more from now on.
Cheers!

beckster

TDI
MK4 Jetta
Believe our moderators like to see what repairs you had done before they add them to the list.
Ah, my bad. For my MK4 Golf (stock), he did my timing belt and water pump, replaced the intake manifold, rear springs. My MK4 Jetta (modified) is there getting a timing belt and water pump, and a starter.