2015 Golf Sportwagon review

vacin

Veteran Member
TDI
01 tdi jetta auto, sold lemon 12 jetta tdi 3 pedal
Another rust warranty to be denied eventually.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Great article. I just sent him an e-mail offering to do the wagon 'hatch mod' he was complaining about. We'll see if he responds.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
Its sold at almost every gas station now, so no need to stock up.
Yeah. I've read of people having issues since the fluid in the tank would pass the due date and crystallize.

People may complain about it, but it's a vast improvement over the ALH, at least for fumes and odor.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
A big issue this winter has been freezing. DEF is about 1/3 Urea and 2/3 deionized water. It has a freezing point of -11*C. A co worker had his Dodge Ram Ecodiesel in the shop several times this winter due to frozen DEF.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
A big issue this winter has been freezing. DEF is about 1/3 Urea and 2/3 deionized water. It has a freezing point of -11*C. A co worker had his Dodge Ram Ecodiesel in the shop several times this winter due to frozen DEF.
i know, and i was worried, But never had a problem. The exhaust would smell like a diesel at first, but no issues with the heater.

... knock on wood :)

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I've been wanting a new vehicle for a while now. Guess I can wait another year to see if they bring us an awd wagon before giving up and buying a touareg.

deflux

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
im keeping my mk4 until they clue in to put the oil filter housing back at the top....
I don't like that either. I also don't like how difficult it is to lift the car since the whole underside seems to be covered in plastic.

To me, top side oil changes is a big benefit of owning this car so I wouldn't really want to loose that.

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Test drove one the other day. Top of the line Highline with all the toys. Didn't spend that much time in it. Was a crappy day so traction light was constantly on :)

Sales guy said 42$ tax in. This is with no discounts. Dsg w all the options.

dober

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Silver Jetta TDI, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I test drove one today, DSG highline. I really liked it and the backseat seems to have a bit more leg room. I want to try out the 6 spd but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Quanger

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 ALH TDi
Yeah....42k is a lot of money. I would just wait 4-years and pick one up with around 100k on the clock for mid 20's tax-in.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Yeah....42k is a lot of money. I would just wait 4-years and pick one up with around 100k on the clock for mid 20's tax-in.
Fuel efficient, lots of room with rear seats down - almost like my old diesel Rabbit Pickup (with a roof).....................

Enter the HPFP, DEF, the clutch/slave cylinder et al..............

Sure, these are but a small percentage of the total (but as I approach the 3 year/36,000 mark........................

A civil war general IIRC said to avoid taking counsel from your fears.

Wish I could get closer to that mindset.

ez

nkgagne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen 6M, 2006 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
im keeping my mk4 until they clue in to put the oil filter housing back at the top....

It lost out to the air-water intercooler. Given the choice between PITA oil changes every 16K km and worrying about sucking water and slime into the engine every start during a mid-winter thaw like the CR140 with the FMIC, I'll go with the PITA oil change TYVM.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
be careful what you wish for on ad blue,they are still working out the kinks, Heaters,pumps and system issues are troubling. I know ,I've had the Treg heater go out with 36k Miles,that was just out of warranty,but VW came through with a replacement. It would have been a $800 job in US.

nkgagne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagen 6M, 2006 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Also I should point out, I'm keeping my MK4 until it won't pass safety due to rust or until my future family won't fit inside it. Nothing to do with not liking the new tech, but I paid good money for my mk4; I may as well get my money's worth out of it after all.

Brian_B

Just Purchased One

So my Jetta Wagon has 430k on it so I thought what a better time to jump in and get the new wagon. I purchased the Comfortline DSG(I know I know) with Nav. All said and done I'm at $33k with my discount. I didn't bother trading my wagon in because they only wanted to give me scrap metal price for it LOL.

So if you know of someone that want's to purchase a 2003 wagon for $2500 obo let me know @ brian.blackwood@rci.rogers.com and I can give you most of the details. I will be putting it up on Kijiji this week with all the truthful details. I'm not into misleading folks.

So I should have my new car either in a couple of days or a couple of weeks. They're trying to locate one for me now.:D

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=438294

Last edited:

Brian_B

Brian, I thought you'd never get rid of that car :) Nice upgrade!
Thanks Bill! It was time, and the house is paid off now so I thought I would treat myself. I wanted to wait for the AWD but I just couldn't help myself LOL

Brian_B

Well that totally sucks. I just got a call from the dealer and the soonest they could get me my specific wagon is Mid June:eek::mad::mad::mad: