2001 Jetta no start...help!

cassel.joshua

TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey guys I have an 01 Jetta Tdi and need some help it won't start my CEL has code P0725 and the connector on my crank sensor was broke so i replaced it. It has a 3 pin connector the outer 2 wires are showing ground but the one in the middle has no power and no ground. I traced the wire back to the ECM and there is no break in the wire. I think I could need a ECM just not sure. any help???

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
If there's 3 wires shouldn't there be power, earth and signal? I'm wondering if there's a short in one of the other 2. Do you have some sort of wiring diagram?

Might be able to find a pin out for the ecu on here

http://www.ecuconnections.com/

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Pin 3 is the ground and is connected to the shielding.

You can unplug the connector and check the continuity again to see if things change.

db252

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf 2005 Jetta 2003 Jetta 2001 Golf
How about your p109 relay? Has yours been changed? It's a cheap diagnosis to change out and avoid possible problems in the future along with correcting this.

cassel.joshua

TDI
2001 Jetta
I have not changed the 109 but I did remove it and test it and it seems to be working fine. If the 109 was bad there would be more problems then just this one thing right? I had the wiring for the crank sensor but my small child has moved it to some place "to keep it safe" so its gone.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
You can jump the connections so that it's like the relay is in there and activated.

cassel.joshua

TDI
2001 Jetta
Ok, pins 1 and 2 of the sensor go to the pins 110 and 108 of the ECM I used the volt meter to check the resistance of the wires and they checked out good .2-.3.. now on the ECM I ohmed to see from pin 110 to pin 108 on the ECM to see if there was resistance and all I got was an open circuit not sure what that means, now for the ground wire the resistance on that was at 9.3 ohms