View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2019, 14:51   #5
Giberish33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmydiesels View Post
so a question?? you did this cv work with the axle still on the car?? a no-no. you probably pulled the inner joint past the circlip when you hammered the outer joint off.
and to say your inner boot is torn, better to come off as soon as you find that out. boots and kits arent exactly cheap, and its time consuming.
another thing a whole axle isnt that expensive. (unless you demand oem).
Yeah I worked on it with the axle attached to the car, it does seem that I pulled it past the clip on the inner joint. I know that the inner needs to be changed I never intended to just do half ass job but its way to cold where I live and don't have access to a garage or somewhere not outside, I planned on changing it in the spring / summer. I read a bunch of threads about autozone /napa axles and it seems kinda hit or miss, oem is about 400 (rockauto) without shipping /tax I was able to get gkn joint for 130 free shipping so my plan is to rebuilt the oem axles with new inner / outers for cheaper than buying full oem assembly or having to deal with aftermarket ones that crap out too soon.

Hypothetically if the inner is past the circlip, is it possible to just hammer it back into the trans? Like the same way you would hit the outer cv joint race to get it off the axle?
Giberish33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06619 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.67 Kb. compressed to 14.20 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.39%)]