View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:34   #12
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor

TDI(s): None

Also, how would the racing be set up?

Just 4 hours of open practice?

Could there be a tournament of grands prix at the end (the number of people needed to hit the $50-75/head price point means that it'll take 4-6 grands prix just to give everyone one run of a standing start race (I think they can run 17 karts in one race, looking at the track map in the pits on their site). Take the 2-4 best finishers from every race depending on headcount, and that's another grand prix for the ultimate winner)? I figure about 10-12 minutes for an 8 minute grand prix, given turnaround for kart changes, so you could end up at 1:10 to 1:24, though, of grand prix running, if you have 102 people show up, and then the best 2 finishers (maybe best 3 minus one, but I could see some hurt feelings there) from each grand prix competing in a finale race.

Endurance could be fun, too, but could present issues with building teams, and their normal endurance setup has 2-4 drivers per kart, and runs 2 hours (plus 40 minutes of quali). That said, a 6 driver team would get 20 minutes of seat time per driver, in 2 hours, if there's 102 drivers.

Edit: Hmm, even open practice, with 4 hours, at 102 drivers, at 10 minutes per round, 6 groups, gives 4 rounds per group. 3 rounds per group if it takes 12 minutes per. That'd make anything else tricky, although their normal format for grand prix is one round of practice, one round of quali, one round of racing. If the turnaround is fast enough and turnout is low enough, two rounds of practice, a round of quali, a round of racing, and then the final race could be juuuuust squeezed in, but... that'd be tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.

Last edited by bhtooefr; May 11th, 2012 at 05:39.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06522 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.35 Kb. compressed to 15.54 Kb. by saving 1.81 Kb. (10.45%)]