Thread: Dyno Thread!!!
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:45   #24
A5INKY

Fuel Economy: pretty good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselfever78 View Post
I know of a Dyno Dynamics at a shop that specializes in Diesel trucks and many claim it seems to usually give "higher than standard numbers" that or the shop is much better at tuning their customers trucks than others.

How were the cars dyno'd? Were they loaded then accelerated or taken up to a higher RPM then loaded down and "brought to their knees"?

-Michael
I also read that the Dyno Dynamics numbers can be inflated with manual correction factors. Not saying that this is what happens at the particular shop you speak of, just that it is possible. I just emailed the dyno shop (Fast Enough Performance) inquiring about the correction factors, if any, used Saturday.

The cars were accelerated on the dyno, not loaded down once up to speed - inertia mode IIRC?

Nice numbers are good for bragging rights, and franky, I would have like to see some higher numbers at 'fest. But it seems the better use is for gathering empirical feedback in the tuning process. Fortunate for me, Fast Enough Performance is only an hour from home. I can go back and chart my progress as I get the car tuned in.

A5INKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06377 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.76 Kb. compressed to 14.21 Kb. by saving 1.55 Kb. (9.83%)]