'00 New Beetle No Turbo

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Beetle TDI, Vanagon Syncro with front and rear lockers, non viscous coupler, with decoupler waiting for a TDI swap
I have lost my turbo and can't figure out what is going on. I have checked the vacuum lines all over and everything is fine, but the N75 does not hold pressure, normal? I don't know.

I drove with my MAF unplugged but, still no turbo and now thick black smoke. When I plug the MAF back in no turbo and no smoke even at full throttle. On an OBDll scanner I get an P1144 and P1556 and my usual one P0380. I think the P0380 is my glow plug harness and one of the other two has to do with the MAF being disconnected. I haven't seen any posts that act like mine.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Using a mityvac, check the turbo actuator for full movement and the ability to hold vacuum. Replace as necessary.

Make sure that the hard line from the vac pump to the brake booster isn't split.

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Beetle TDI, Vanagon Syncro with front and rear lockers, non viscous coupler, with decoupler waiting for a TDI swap
I have checked all my vacuum lines and all hold pressure. I checked the line between the vac pump and the brake booster where I took the whole hose assembly, including the some thing that I don't know what it is called that also fed the N75. I checked the pump end and the booster end and plugged the N75 line and was fine. Then I reinstalled the booster end and the pump end and put the mity vac on the N75 line and it hold pressure that way. This part seems to be the cause of the vacuum leak but, I don't know if this is normal. I disconnected the vacuum pump line and started the engine and the pump is creating a good vacuum.

What is that part called the one that goes between the pump and the brake booster that T's off and feeds the N75?

I have a new actuator and using the mity vac it works just fine.

solarmike

Veteran Member
TDI
Problem is fixed, it was a plugged up hose. There is a line that is fed off the brake booster line and there is a little elbow shaped connector that was plugged up. I cleared it out and now I have a turbo.