In need of some advice?

Turner1995

TDI
Vw passat 1.9tdi sport
I own a passat 53 1.9tdi sport 130bhp I've changed the stock air box to a cold air intake there was a little hose that plugged into a nipple at the side of the old air box probably 4 inches long am I right to just cap it off or am I causing problems for the car I have no lights on the dash and the car sounds fine

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
That hose is probably the vent for some vacuum operated valve like the N75. Plugging it would cause problems for controlling the boost if that is the case.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The CAI does nothing for a turbocharged diesel, and could possibly cost you money by wrecking your MAF sensor.

If you plug that line, your turbo boost control will not work. If you leave it dangling, it will ingest dirt and over time, make your boost control not work.

The answer seems clear, n'est pas?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I own a passat 53 1.9tdi sport 130bhp I've changed the stock air box to a cold air intake there was a little hose that plugged into a nipple at the side of the old air box probably 4 inches long am I right to just cap it off or am I causing problems for the car I have no lights on the dash and the car sounds fine
Ugh...

You know that car left the factory with a cold air intake, right?

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
No lights on the dash? You might want to get that fixed. Your speedometer needs lighting to be seen at night.

Next useless mod up, "I want the turbo to be louder"........................

Last edited:

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Joking aside, my wife's 16 GSW does a really good job of silencing the turbo, and this makes me sad... Love the whistle on my tdi!

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Well sure. Not a cut on you or anything.

I'm pretty sure that someone will come up with a mod were you could make your wifes car sound like a GLI, an old school V8 or mating wales by replacing audio files and tweaking the DSP settings in the Soundaktor system her car probably already has.

I did find a lot of post including folks with cars from different manufacturers were folks wanted to turn the feature off. I guess some folks aren't ready just yet for a system that combines full on tard with DSP..............

Victor Huge

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 Golf TDI
Sorry, i took that the wrong way and i was rude in my previous reply, my apologies.

I hate the idea of the soundaktor, i rode in a friend's Mustang that had something like it and i found it absolutely repulsive. You have to be seriously drunk to not notice how fake it sounds...