Mk7 SportWagen Cat-Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
I hope this question has not been already discussed.
Is there a bolt on Cat-Back for a mk7 SportWagen tdi available?

Only one I foud are for golf tdi non-sportwagen or GSW gas.
Is my only option is installing a delete kit and get the rest of the exhaust custom made?

Rawtek delete kit is already 3inch...

Thanks

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Single exhaust or dual exhaust, Golf R variant from euro land had dual and exhaust milteck makes one for the GSW but it's very pricey, at that point you're better off have a local place custom fab something.

As for slapping on a gas GSW, I don't think there'd be any down side.

Are you getting the cat and resonator from Rawteck?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The gas GSW catback should work. A golf/gti catback would probably need to be lengthened a bit.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The only emissions equipment affected by a catback exhaust would be the suitcase muffler. Hence the name- catback.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
The only emissions equipment affected by a catback exhaust would be the suitcase muffler. Hence the name- catback.
Yes, but the OP did mention "delete kit" in the first post... And there's also the EGR exhaust flap downstream of the CAT.

Last edited:

Scott02

Veteran Member
TDI
Too Many
Please recall that the TDI GSW is torsion beam and all other SW's are IRS. Same for Golf's. Gasser back-half exhausts cannot be used on diesel.

Custom seems to look like the only way at this time. Or at least that I can find via the googles.

We should also try to refer to this as a back-half, instead of a cat-back, so that there is not any confusion thinking emissions components would be modified in any way.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Just a reminder that TDIClub has GUIDELINES regarding the modification of emissions equipment.

which never apply to the Power Enhancement folder, but yeah thanks for pointing out the rules :rolleyes:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Please recall that the TDI GSW is torsion beam and all other SW's are IRS. Same for Golf's. Gasser back-half exhausts cannot be used on diesel.

Custom seems to look like the only way at this time. Or at least that I can find via the googles.

We should also try to refer to this as a back-half, instead of a cat-back, so that there is not any confusion thinking emissions components would be modified in any way.
Oh yeah. I keep thinking it was just the golf that got the suspension downgrade. Probably way easier to go with a single exit on the beam axle cars.

Discovery

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk7 SportWagen
Single exhaust or dual exhaust, Golf R variant from euro land had dual and exhaust milteck makes one for the GSW but it's very pricey, at that point you're better off have a local place custom fab something.

As for slapping on a gas GSW, I don't think there'd be any down side.

Are you getting the cat and resonator from Rawteck?
Dual would be awesome, but not required. As others said, custom seem to be the only way.

I'm still on the fence between buzzken and rawtek. Might go with rawtek because of 304 stainless. Salt on the road...
Just a reminder that TDIClub has GUIDELINES regarding the modification of emissions equipment.
Thanks officer.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Haven't seen any cat-backs for the beam axle TDIs. I would wager both Rawtek or Buzzken could come up with something though. I had a local shop do a dual exit past the resonator on my now Darkside downpipe, and picked up a GTI valance for less than $100. I have a used Buzzken available if interested ;)

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
I was under the impression that the DPF kinda kills any exhaust note so would doing the "back-half" actually do anything?

STOKTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf MK7 TDI
Is there even room underneath for an exhaust shop to make a USA tdi dual exhaust off a standard single exit? If not what about once someone removes the DEF tank after a delete? I agree the looks/sounds from the gtd exhaust is fantastic. Not trying to detour from OP

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
There's room to do a dual exit. The muffler actually hangs on the same hangers and takes up the same space on the GTI as the TDI, just with two exits. My exhaust shop just cut the stock muffler off, and welded from there with two 4" tips in a GTI valence. Looks perfect to me.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Pictures?

There's room to do a dual exit. The muffler actually hangs on the same hangers and takes up the same space on the GTI as the TDI, just with two exits. My exhaust shop just cut the stock muffler off, and welded from there with two 4" tips in a GTI valence. Looks perfect to me.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Valence fits the same on Golf and GSW. The Alltrack has a dual exit valence as well.
But I'm not sure if the rear bumper of the alltrack is different than the GSW due to the plastic cladding.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Valence fits the same on Golf and GSW. The Alltrack has a dual exit valence as well.
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a picture of how the back half of the exhaust looks under the car? Absolutely love the look, still! :D

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Not the prettiest welds, but from the road it does look great. You can see that there is in fact a hanger on the passenger side, as well as the stock pipe that's going over the beam where it meets the "Y". If I one day want to go bigger on turbo, that may get upgraded but I think it's perfectly fine with what I'm running now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Thank you for the pics. [emoji1474][emoji1474]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.