Double DIN removal tools desired at 'fest

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
My radio has quit. I still have the flashing red anti-theft lamp, fuse 42 is good and the lighter socket is still powered. VCDS does not recognize the radio (controller not present). It does not power up at all to even provide the "safe" code access.
The earlier (A3 /B4) radios had a second fuse on the back of the radio itself and I'd like to pull the radio in this A4 to check if it also has an on-board fuse.
If you're at the fest, and have removal tools that will work on a double DIN sized, non-Monsoon, head unit, I'd like to hear from you.
If you're in the Marriott leave a message in room 507 or you might find me near the blue Jetta pig near the yellow Saab pig in the parking lot.

Lug_Nut

TDI
I am coming tomorrow and will try to remember to bring them.
Thanks again for the use of the tools. Although the fuse on the radio also checked out to be OK, and I thought the radio was completely dead, when I plugged the electricals back in it came to life.
For how long? Who knows. I haven't locked it back into it's mount so I can remove it if it quits again and try unplugging it and plugging it in again.

Cooper

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW (traded in 5/2015)
I have the tools if you need them after you get back.

Lug_Nut

TDI
It's still working. My trips are much shorter so I could deal with the silence for 10 minutes that I couldn't for 10+ hours.
I'll be ordering a set for myself.