Can't find meaning of this code: PO000?

Iniguez

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2003 Golf; manual
I have a SC, and a bit ago it threw the code PO000. That's the normal PO, three zeros. Didn't get to asking then b/c the car was soon out of service (leak in vacuum system). Just fixed her today, still throwing the code. Car's driving fine as far as I've noticed, and I can't find what PO000 means... Anybody got a clue?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
PO000 is a code that OBDII can't figure out. Slap VAG-COM on and see what it shows.

rmay635703

TDI
2002 Jetta
PO000 Code what the heck is it 02 Jetta TDI Automatic?

I just got my scanguage and am having trouble discerning one of the codes. at the moment an ECT and some glowplug work are in the works but I have an oddball code PO000 along with them I can't discern.

The PID's are
PID03=0000
PID04=0
PID05=28 WT F = 31
PIDoB=5e PSI=13.8
PIDoe=83 IGN=1
PIDoF=4E
PID10=0 GPH=.65

Only oddities with this car is that the transmission likes to stay in the highest gear when slowing down from a long trip causing lugging (if I don't come to a complete stop or downshift manually) but otherwise, OK.

I have also noticed a drop in MPG the last year or so mainly in town, highway is not effected noticably.

Any ideas what I should check, I have already printed off the very nice glowplug repair and test post and the post on the infamous PO118.

Otherwise this scanguage is very frustrating, without it I have managed around 62mpg on the very LONG slow trip to escanaba, trouble is with the guage it seems almost impossible to accelerate without crapping out the FE, what is the best way to accelerate? It seems even almost unnoticeable accelleration drops my MPG in half, it almost seems like you just take off rapidly and get to speed ASAP to get decent mileage since your MPGs suck terribly during accelleration down in the single digits.

Cheers
Ryan May