Mazda Announces a US Bound Diesel for Fall 2017

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
I was at the Ottawa Car show this weekend and they had the 2018 CX-5 on display, with the diesel engine in it. It was a car from Japan though, so right hand drive and you weren't able to touch it or get in it, they had it roped off.

Their display did point out a couple different engine options that would be available in Canada, including the diesel. So it seems like Mazda itself is advertising the Diesel, so I am very confident that we will actually see it next year.

The new CX-5 is a pretty sharp looking vehicle as well.
Ok sharp looking minus the smaller cargo space (around 31 cubic feet) vs the Toyota RAV4 hybrid (around 36 cubic feet).

When you have a family every cubic inch/centimeter maters.

Yawiney

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW DSG
Really not a lot out there that rivals the TDI Sportwagen for space, milage and being fun to drive. I don't know how many times i can keep re-schedueling my buyback appointments, but i will keep putting it off for now.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
2018 Equinox with diesel configurator is up on the chevy website. I had to type equinox diesel into the search for it to pop up. At least for now, it appears you'll be able to get the diesel on all trims.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
2018 Equinox with diesel configurator is up on the chevy website. I had to type equinox diesel into the search for it to pop up. At least for now, it appears you'll be able to get the diesel on all trims.
Did diesel pricing show up for you? If so, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Went looking for the diesel Equinox and did not see it on Chevy website, just the 1.5 turbo. But a Google search found this article:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ealed-20t-and-16-diesel-to-follow-114006.html

It is a VERY hard slam on GM pricing.

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Really not a lot out there that rivals the TDI Sportwagen for space, milage and being fun to drive. I don't know how many times i can keep re-schedueling my buyback appointments, but i will keep putting it off for now.
Correct. From an overall engineering optimization approach, on the average, in my humble opinion, any wagon is better than an SUV.

But alas Americans do not want wagons in large enough numbers to bring more of them here. So keep yours if you can.

I would say that the likelihood of getting a Mazda 6 wagon in the USA is even lower than buying any Mazda vehicle with a diesel engine in the foreseeable future.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Did diesel pricing show up for you? If so, your thoughts would be appreciated.

Went looking for the diesel Equinox and did not see it on Chevy website, just the 1.5 turbo. But a Google search found this article:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...ealed-20t-and-16-diesel-to-follow-114006.html

It is a VERY hard slam on GM pricing.
My mistake. I thought the 1.5l was the diesel. Comparing the upcharge on the Colorado for diesel, your linked article could be close to the actual pricing to put the top model around $40K US. However, I'm not sure that GM will add all of the "goodies" from the Colorado into the Equinox to help bridge the price gap.