View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2019, 19:51   #27
03tdiwagon
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 1mpg

Hey wingnut thanks for the in depth explanation. I read some of your ccv mods . Are they worth doing ? Do you still use the 3rd updated version oil filter to catch the oil mist before it enters the crank case ? If so i want to proceed using the 20 micron filters (hydraulic filters)and set something up. They dont have the 150 micron filter you used at princess 20 is the highest now i could find.

Does eliminating the oil mist risk not lubricating anything that should lubed due to the design of the ccv... or should there techniclly not be any oil mist in the system and with time and engine wear/ high km they develop these issues?

Lastly does doing the filter mod to "catch" the oil mist create pressure to the head at all / ccv or actually eliminate pressure when it should be there ?
I would imagine just either eliminating the oil mist or eliminating the egr system (one or the other) would eliminate the soot buildup. As 1 compliments the ither with the issue . No oil..... nothing for dirty exhaust to stick to ???
03tdiwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06122 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.92 Kb. compressed to 13.49 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.58%)]