Houston TDI owners

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Aggie007 said:
2000 Jetta TDI here on the west side of Houston. I don't have a Vag-Com but I can get my hands on one just about any time I need to. Nice thing I have learned about Houston is that most of the Shell stations carry Premium Diesel. With that and using Schaeffers Diesel Treat I have been getting 45-50mpg.
Except for the recent introduction of ULSD the rest of D2 naming is unregulated. So 'Premium Diesel' is more likely a marketing strategy than anything else in my view.

TXJET

TDI
2004 Jetta
Newbie with a source for oil in Houston

Hello all,
Just get a 2004 Jetta 3 days ago..and so far I love every minute of driving it. Mine is in great shape but unfortunately did not have any maintenance records. The mileage is 23,700, so I started searching around town for some oil, filters, etc. to do the 20K maintenance myself, just in case it was never done.
For those that live on the North side I can highly recommend Texas Automotive Performance. They are at 10932 Hazelhurst, which is off of Brittmoore (North of I-10). Phone 713-465-6272. I talked to John there and he hooked me up with the 505.01 Pentosynth Pentosin oil (5 litres + and extra litre), an oil and fuel filter and also an air filter. This all set me back about $110.00 which beat some of the mail order prices I have seen. They are primarily a Volvo shop, but they also specialize in ordering parts for German autos. I called them in the morning and they had the parts and oil there at lunch time! Plus they love to talk about cars.
An interesting side note, on my way home I was stopped at a light I had the windows down to enjoy one of the few cool days we get here and I hear a car honk at me from the turn lane. I look over and I get a "nice diesel" from the driver of another TDI....I love this car.

Last edited:

RedGlare

TDI
2009 Jetta, Blue
Sugar Land TDI

Just wanted to let everyone know there's another diesel Jetta here in Sugar Land! I bought a TDI for my daily commute to Clear Lake. I would be interested in any TDI get-togethers.

Last edited:

RedGlare

TDI
2009 Jetta, Blue
Sugar Land TDI

I have an 06 Jetta, automatic. Recently, it has become somewhat sluggish. I posted a request for help a couple of days ago and will follow the suggestions I got this weekend. Do you happen to know where to get the diesel additive here in Sugar Land? I think it's called Power Source?
Thanks.

Last edited:

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
RedGlare said:
I have an 06 Jetta, automatic. Recently, it has become somewhat sluggish. I posted a request for help a couple of days ago and will follow the suggestions I got this weekend. Do you happen to know where to get the diesel additive here in Sugar Land? I think it's called Power Source?
Thanks.
I have purchased Diesel Kleen - Power Service (the silver bottle) at Walmart and at a truck stop. It's also sold elsewhere.

redshift

TDI
Jetta 2001 White
I bought my TDI on Ebay. Flew to Houston to get it and drove it back to Maine. I guess I could say I'm a Houston TDI owner?

kw

StackyMcRacky

TDI
'01 Golf, '03 Jetta
2001 Golf with 103,000 miles on it.

I live in the Spring area.

Finally getting back into taking care of my car myself, and back on the boards!

We'll probably be purchasing a TDI Jetta Wagon sometime in '07, we love the TDIs so much.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
One more TDi owner here. Im in NW houston, Cypress to narrow it down. I have an 06 jetta- first VW, and diesel ever. I would also be interested in any gtg in the area.

murraymck

TDI
2001 jetta tdi
Well, I moved to Dallas in October of last year and have since sold my house in the Heights, (inner loop area) but Houston still feels more like home. I travel to there pretty regularly for work and friends.
My car was purchased on ebay about 2 years ago while living in Houston. It was in San Antonio so I had my Dad give it a good eye prior to purchase, no problems to speak of, 83K. Black on black with Hauptek tint and lint lint lint. Under going a nice upgrade this week - pp520s, race pipe/egr delete, oil cooler and TB.
Can't wait to hit the road to H-town.

MM

jetmec

TDI
03 golf, 01 jetta, 12 jetta
I keep reading about people in houston area looking for someone
with vagcom.
I do have vagcom and live in north houston(spring-1960/i45).
PM me if you need to use it. Also good with repairs and/or advise on repairs.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
There is going to be a GTG in Seguin(San Antonio) this 24th(saturday), in case the word has not gotten out!

This would be a GREAT manner to introduce yourself to the world of TDI's and the person's that enjoy them so much(like MOI!).

Check the Forum for the GTG in Seguin.
Houston is NOT too far away, neither is Dallas.

I am also having one.
ANOTHER> GTG in Pagosa Springs, Colorado in APRIL(13,14,15th)
I live in Pagosa BUT will be coming down to check out the GTG in Seguin...

All the turners will be here in Pagosa, VAC-COM's galore, SKIING/'BOARDING and many tall mountains will be seen and driven over by many a TDI :D !

Anything else?
Good, go drive the VW!

TAK1973

TDI
2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Howdy, ya'll! I live in Dayton, TX (15 minutes east of Humble on 1960) and drive to Jersey Village for work everyday. ~120 miles round-trip. I love the mileage I'm getting. I'm on my first VW and diesel--2006 Jetta pkg 1 w/DSG. My co-worker (lives in Woodlands) and I both bought new 06s at the same time. I would love to get together with some other TDI owners.
I have just added a Scangage, and ordered a euroswitch and an electrochromic mirror. I'm looking for someone with a VAG-COM to disable my DRL.

If you ever see a platinum gray and black TDI speeding on the north belt, I'm in the gray.

Later...

horsieclatter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Hello Houstonians. I grew up in Spring Branch but currently reside in Alvin. I have been a long time lurker as I only bought my first TDI May 19th. I found a nice 2000 jetta bone stock WITH Lots of maintainance records. Good enough for me fly out to Phoenix to drive it home without the fear of the car needing a bunch of preventative maintainance before I could place the car into regular service.
3 hour flight out there & 20 hours to drive home... whew!
So far I have been enjoying the turbo whine and generous redline to get a "meager" 43 mpg. The tape deck has allowed me to dust off my tape collection in preparation for the Police concert coming soon. That is still a vast ~3X improvement over the 15mpg gasser I sold off. From the mileage threads I have read, and advice I have gotten, if I were to back off, that would improve... It got 47mpg cruising 80-90mph all the way home, sweet!
MODS?! I wanna taller fifth gear, and Peloquin LSD, and the 2" lift, and a small utility trailer which implies a corresponding hitch to replace the truck I sold off (I didn't need much truck anyway).
But for now I just need to take my boys to the beach, to get them outta momma's hair for awhile and make them sleep through the night for a change...
At 140K I intend to change the oil to make the 10K intervals easy to remember. Since I still work in Houston, this large international port city should have an oil filter in stock..... enough for now! JG.

TAK1973

TDI
2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Kraut, does your shop have ECu upgrades for the new Jettas?

06Vdubya, please stay the heck away from VW on 290. See my post on Houston driver's alert...

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
Hey Horsieclatter and welcome aboard. I'm not far away in League City. Congratulations on your new car. PM me if you need any local VW information. I'll help in whatever way I can.

Best Regards,

Uberdiesel.

DieselCG

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon 5spd
Good Evening! I'm in Beaumont and just put a deposit on an 04 Navy Wagon 5spd. It's in Orlando, but I should have it w/in the next few weeks. I'm definitely down for some GTG's!
-Lloyd

texaspsdx

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9
We just bought a new 2006 TDI Jetta and live in Katy. Love this car. My wife drives it back and forth to work in Sugarland. I drive my 7.3 PSD Excursion. Now if my son had a diesel, we would be total diesel.

Last edited:

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Just bought a 2003 Jetta TDI to replace my '98, which will be up for sale soon.

Figured I'd post in here that I have vag-com if anyone needs help with codes, and will be offering timing belt, wheel bearing, and intake manifold swap work in the near future.

Justin

Spuds

TDI
96 Passat
New member here. Live in the Heights area and have a pretty good mechanic on the near NW side. He was so impressed with my 96 Passat TDI that he bought a Jetta TDI for his daughter. Sorry can't think of the name of the shop right now as I haven't had it in for a long time. He doesn't have a Vag-ostics machine however. Will post it up later.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Pretty hard to trouble shoot and repair some things without VagCom or some such. If I was looking for a mechanic for mine, they wouldn't have a chance of working on my car without having this tool or access to one and the knowledge of how to use it. I am lucky though in that runonbeer and anut are the local gurus here, and would be my first choice over anyone else.

bloc

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI
Spuds, I'm in the Heights too, if you ever need a vag-com for anything, just let me know via PM.

TopCap

TDI
2005 Jetta, GLS, Auto Traded in, 2006+ Jetta 5 speed manual
Another TDI in Fort Bend

Glad to know there other committed TDI ers out there who are really into these fine automobiles. I would be interested in a G2G to exchange ideas and opinions. Jim

anonymous-71

TDI
2005 PAssat GLS TDI
Another TDI in the Woodlands

One more TDi owner here. I'm in The Woodlands. I have an 05 Passat TDI. Love the car and would also be interested in a gtg in the area and getting the TDI chipped. Maybe we can get enough interest to get Jeff at Rocketchip to attend. I believe he told the Seguin GTG he needed 10 committments to make it worth his while. Anyone interested?

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,

I'm visiting Austin this weekend and might be interested in bringing my tools if there is a gtg nearby.

Jeff

anonymous-71 said:
One more TDi owner here. I'm in The Woodlands. I have an 05 Passat TDI. Love the car and would also be interested in a gtg in the area and getting the TDI chipped. Maybe we can get enough interest to get Jeff at Rocketchip to attend. I believe he told the Seguin GTG he needed 10 committments to make it worth his while. Anyone interested?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
jsrmonster said:
Hi,

I'm visiting Austin this weekend and might be interested in bringing my tools if there is a gtg nearby.

Jeff
I am in Austin, Jeff. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you are here!

damnyankee

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Howdy from Tomball...new member and owner of an 2006 Jetta SE TDI. This is my first diesel powered car......so I have lots to learn.

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Welcome! Do a lot of reading in the A5 forum. Lots of info on your model car. Check out some of the online vendors sites here as well. Come to the get together (GTG) in November. Find a guru near you just in case. My car is great so far. Hope you have one of the good ones! Lots to learn here.