Key in Lock Operates Windows

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
RexNICO,

So it looks like the clever thief with a wireless hack rolls down your windows and loots the car. Hmmm, a feature I will NOT be installing.
Using the key on the rare occasion that I'll be using the window operating function is not much of an inconvenience. And from what
I can gather, more secure.

An example of WiFi overreach IMO. In this day and age you can be
TOO connected.

Cheers,
R*2

Enabled

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Manual, BMW 328d SW
Not to worry, it's just as easy to wedge the door open and get in.

In these TDIs, the immobilizer can be defeated (without key) in less than a minute via OBD.
So it's just better to know that people didn't thieve our old cars because they simply do not want to.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
On New Jersey, I found a station across from the NY state line that has
"self serve" diesel. Just off I-84 near Port Jervis, where NY, NJ, & PA
intersect. The NJ price saves a good $.40 gallon over the other two.
Diesel fuel is exempted from the "no self serve" law - it is perfectly legal to pump your own diesel in NJ, been doing it since 11/2001 when I brought home my TDI. (see also this post: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=795561&postcount=11)

That being said, I open the fuel door, hang the cap on it, and then have the attendant start the pump (many stations require the swipe of an "attendant card" to activate the pump). I then take over and deal with venting/topping up.

I have never once had an attendant tell me I wasn't allowed to pump my own diesel fuel.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
No problem whitedog! I have thick skin....:D

Oregon, as well as CA are on my "Not getting a nickel from me" list as well.

Beautiful states, but I stay the hell away from L-wing territories. After 10 years of active duty, I refuse to be treated as anything less than a free man...:cool:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
No problem whitedog! I have thick skin....:D
Oregon, as well as CA are on my "Not getting a nickel from me" list as well.
Beautiful states, but I stay the hell away from L-wing territories. After 10 years of active duty, I refuse to be treated as anything less than a free man...:cool:
Then you definitely want to stay away from Eugene, Salem and Portland. The East side of the state definitely leans away from them, although Bend is starting to lean that way.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
RexNICO,

So it looks like the clever thief with a wireless hack rolls down your windows and loots the car. Hmmm, a feature I will NOT be installing.
Using the key on the rare occasion that I'll be using the window operating function is not much of an inconvenience. And from what
I can gather, more secure.

An example of WiFi overreach IMO. In this day and age you can be
TOO connected.

Cheers,
R*2
No wireless hack needed, much simpler, a big screwdriver will act like your key to roll down the windows! ;)