Febi Motor Mounts vs Corteco Motor Mounts Question

xFlandies

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf 1.9TDI Auto
Like title says,

Is anyone running Febi Motor Mounts and how are they compared to Corteco Motor mounts ? I am trying to remove the vibration from my steering wheel and seat.

The dogbone mount I will be buying is by Lemfoerder.

I personally dont know which one to get because I have seen mixed reviews for Febi.

Thanks.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
There is general agreement that FEBI (OEM) will give you smoothest ride. I had vibration and when I changed all mounts with FEBI it went away. Of course I have replaced every part of the suspension in my car too.

xFlandies

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf 1.9TDI Auto
There is general agreement that FEBI (OEM) will give you smoothest ride. I had vibration and when I changed all mounts with FEBI it went away. Of course I have replaced every part of the suspension in my car too.
I am trying to get ride of the vibration and jerking when I turn the car on and also when trans is shifting, I get either a jerk or a pause (no gear is not refusing to go in).

Here is the febi mount: https://order.germanparts.ca/produc...14&subapplication=118&search_type=APPLICATION

I just dont want to buy this mount and the other ones too and a worse vibration

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
I am trying to get ride of the vibration and jerking when I turn the car on and also when trans is shifting, I get either a jerk or a pause (no gear is not refusing to go in).
I replaced all three mounts last winter...both engine and trans mounts were Febi, but I'm not sure what brand the dogbone was...it was just a Worldpac replacement IIRC...nothing special.

I am having zero issues with vibration or shifting gears or anything while driving the car....everything is fine in that sense. However, the one thing that seems to have developed is that it feels like the engine "jumps" or "jerks" when I start it. I know it wasn't like this when all of the mounts were new...it did develop later on.

I'm not sure which mount in particular is loose enough to cause this jump/jerk feeling, but I assumed it was the dogbone....because the engine wants to rotate when it starts? I've been meaning to get somebody else to start the car while I watch under the hood, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Rem