Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
Pappy- Hate to say but that sounds DMF-ish. I'd be happy to put it up in the air and give a listen to the underside, but unfortunately that's what it sounds like to me....

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Pappy- Hate to say but that sounds DMF-ish. I'd be happy to put it up in the air and give a listen to the underside, but unfortunately that's what it sounds like to me....
When he says he'll " put it up in the air" he ain't kidding !!!

That little lift he has in the garage is sweet!

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Clutch work

I'm looking for recommendations for shops, etc, to do the replacement clutch job. Preferably I'd like to buy a kit from idparts (or other forum vendors) and have the labor done locally. Probably a sb or luk smf.

I have a couple of feelers out to local shops. Nothing so far that isn't $$ :eek:
Suggestions?

concord206

TDI
jetta 06, Beetle 06
Pappy: First off 165,000 on the Stock clutch and I thought I was doing well with 90,000! as far as shops I have used Superior auto in Carmel. I have used them for gas and diesel VW's, diesel A3 and our Lotus. Superior has been willing to use part kits I bring to them, however no warranty. With all of this being said do we have any local guys wiling to do TB jobs? Im not quite there yet but it's time to start thinking about it. DCELL is this something your willing to take on?

With as nice as it's going to be today if anyone is looking for something to do this morning One of the first Cars & Coffee of the year will be going on from 10:30am to noonish. 96th and meridian buy mc D. Lots of cool cars to look at and did I say free!

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
concord- Dang it! Why do I always miss these things! Methinks I might cruise over with my bike next weekend if the weather is nice, but today I'm headed to N. Indiana for a family-in-law event. I've been talking to pappy via PM, and unfortunately, although I physically could do the clutch for him, I just don't have the time or the proper lifting equipment to do it without potential injury to my back!

PappyD

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Thanks Concord- I'll check out Superior Auto.

Went to "my" shop this am. (Marathon Station at 116 and Rangeline) Good group, easy to work with, etc. Lots of head scratchin' as in "ya-sounds like a flywheel...might last another year or so...or might break apart real soon..hard to tell"..Not real excited about using a kit outside of their normal sources... that's why that Superior Auto sounds good.

:)

lsargent1

TDI
2006 1/2 Jetta tdi
Hello Indianapolis

Hello, all you down there in Indy, Read many post of you trying to gather together tdi owners. Seems that too many people are too busy, or just a bit lazy when it comes to travel for a club. I was in a miata club until I sold the Miata, they have events, tailgate parties, and tours. But then the miata is not a Turbo Diesel. I have been sand bagging this Forums for about two years and just joined up officially. I order parts from the TDI Parts and have learned much from these Forums. I know I saved me 1500.00 this week thanks to the site. Looking forward to finding time to meet others soon.

Larry

concord206

TDI
jetta 06, Beetle 06
I'm starting to think it's time for a GTG. Yats in Fishers has been strong contender in the past. Just throwing it out there for everyone to chew on.

peace_of_soul

TDI
2000 Jetta, 2012 Passat
LSargent, Thanks for reintroducing the idea of a get-together. While I second the motion, so to speak, the baby is due any day now and I tend to work on Saturdays, making my possibility to attend chancy for a bit. I will keep checking this forum, though.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
AC is pretty straight forward, any shop with a evac/ charge machine should be able to do it. Others might disagree, but I think it would be hard for even carX to mess up! should run less than $100! I love it when it's almost 80. I got some sun today, and did two small roof jobs without breaking a sweat! breeze has been nice the last couple days too!

Peace of Soul-
We can use "welcoming your new baby" into the world as an excuse for a GTG, automotively speaking, of course.

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
~~~EVERYONE~~~
WHO WANTS TO GTG AT MY HOUSE???
WHEN???
I've done it in the past, several of you know where I live anyway, and my wife says it's OK as long as it's a Sunday afternoon. So might as well make it official!If we leave Easter Sunday out of the equation, and we don't plan on next weekend, that leaves us with March 25th, April 1st (fools day), and April 15th. Do any of those dates appeal to anyone?? For those that don't know, Noblesville is North East of INDY, but I'm easy to find!
What I've done in the past is opened the garage to whatever you want to work on and opened my grill for whatever you want to grill. BYO whatever you want. I'll probably have some burgers, brats, fixin's, etc. Y'all can talk amongst yourselves and decide what you want to do! All are officially invited, I'd just like to be informed as to who is interested (call it an RSVP or whatever...), I can only park so many cars in the yard, you know!

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
I'm up for a GTG at dcell's now that I know how to get there :)

Maybe later this summer I can host one up in lafayette, for those willing to make the drive. (after I get my shop cleared out)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm good with April fools day as well, as long as everyone understands that I am serious (no foolin'!) Let's move forward with April 1. I'm going to call it 1:00pm-whenever. Hopefully that gives everyone some time to go to church and do the their Sunday morning stuff.
So here it is:
Dcell's Not so Annual Spring GTG
APRIL 1ST (NOT A JOKE)
1:00 PM- Whenever

I'm having fun already!

fyrsail

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 DSG golf- wife stole it
April 1 sounds great, i will donate smoked sausage grillers to feed all and buns and talent if needed.

Last edited:

concord206

TDI
jetta 06, Beetle 06
April 1st it is I'll bring some some soda and what ever else strikes my fancy at Costco! Perhaps I can get dad to bring the A3. Dcell thank you for opening up your home to us!

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
I also have a couple probables via email from VegBug and PappyD. Just a reminder, this is a family friendly event. I have a wife and and a daughter that should be around unless something comes up. My back yard has a swing set w/ slide, but kids toys are kind of limited to baby girl stuff, so keep that in mind if anyone wants to bring the kids. Maybe I can set up the croquet and Horse Shoes if anyone feels like some yard games. I'll make sure I have a full grill tank (ran out tonight while cooking porkchops :(). I would also ask you to bring your own lawn chairs if you want to sit. I only have a few outdoor chairs!

Last edited:

jetta man

TDI
2003 jetta tdi :)
hell im in terre haute and i would love to join that is after i get my tranny fixed lol i tell you tdi's are like women they require alot of time and patience lol

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
just a bump...
Shameless plug for my little Indy GTG. Just a reminder! Mark your calendars if you haven't already!!!!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Is anyone needing any work done? planning to do any work? It's cool if we are all just hanging out and not working on anything, I just hadn't heard from anyone about work....

wiltech

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
Is anyone needing any work done? planning to do any work? It's cool if we are all just hanging out and not working on anything, I just hadn't heard from anyone about work....
I've got the correct brake cables now :D

What else will we need snack wise ?

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
cool. shouldn't take long to knock that out.
Bring whatever you want. I think we'll all be ok with that!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome!
I am kind of getting exited. I even invited a perfect stranger that I met today. I doubt he'll show, but he had a really nice older passat...

HERE IS MY LIST SO FAR:
I will supply some beverages, iced tea, lemonade, water etc. and Snacky stuff
I will have a grill available for Fyrsail's goodies (sausage and buns)
Snacks from Wiltech
Pop and other stuff from Concord
Sides from Peace of Soul

Also hoping to see:
Catmandew
Pappyd
VegBug
MadDasher

Gunselman
Jetta Man

Just a reminder: FAMILIES/ SIGNIFICANT OTHERS/ FRIENDS/ HITCHIKERS are all WELCOME!

Catmandew

TDI
2002 Jetta Auto
2 questions

What do I need to bring?

Also would anyone be up for helping me get my driver's side rear clipper retracted? I got the other 3 corners done but this one jut won't go back. I got the car almost resembled with the old pads and rotor in this corner but I'm out of ideas for getting it put the rest of the way back.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
replied to PM

REMINDER:
Bring Lawn chairs if you want to sit!!

If anyone wants to bring a cornhole game, it might be fun to play. I forgot mine is currently on loan!!