View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2019, 18:33   #8
MBQ
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43.5MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsven View Post
So how many vehicles have you been able to sell back under “Lemon Aid”?
Two. The cayenne and the A8L. Unfortunately or fortunately. The only TDI I have now is a Q5 that still runs great, 20k miles after the emission repair. No problem there. It's got 113k miles on the odometer and I hope I can run it to at least 200k miles.

I am toying with the idea of tracking my buybacks down and buy back one of them. The reason is that the dealerships really did a lot of things on them and they should be problem proof for a while. On the A8L, the Audi dealership replaced the HPFP/LPHP/DPF/fuel meter sensor/the whole fuel lines/Fuel tank/windshield, repaired the leaks, did the alignment job. The real culprit for the problem could very well only be the fuel tank but the car got a whole set of new stuff. Some further work on the suspension, new tires and brake pads, the car will have a new life.

Audi/Porsche will most likely market them as a lemon. I already saw a couple of cars for sale as so. I had no idea if the cars will still be covered under the extended emission warranty.
MBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06582 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.48 Kb. compressed to 14.01 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.49%)]