cheap fuel

stcspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat
I was wondering by chance you can get cheap fuel I have 01 vw bug tdi filled up at no name station, have 150 miles highway going 75mph little below 3/4.

Crankous

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GL 5speed w/Panzer FMJ, 2005 B5.5 passat auto, 2000 Golf 4 door 5 speed
Yes, absolutely possible to get cheap, old, or wrong fuel... Or any combination of the afore mentioned.

stcspiderman

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat
pump did not click off early, I get my fuel at truck stop most time got at mom pop store . I wont get any fuel there anymore

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I've been driving VW diesels for 33 years ........ always bought it at the cheapest place, unless there was a real reason to go somewhere else, such as raining and no canopy, crowd, messy concrete (oil slick), etc. The biggest difference from tank to tank fill-ups is how fast I have been driving and the number of miles that were not on the road (highway).

I have just under 100 gallons in the two tanks on my RV that's about 5 years old ............should I dump it and purchase fresh fuel?

If you change your fuel filter at least once per year, the fuel will be just fine going into your engine! I always change my filter in late November or early December so it to be fresh for the winter months.

Rual817

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI ALH
I've been driving VW diesels for 33 years ........ always bought it at the cheapest place, unless there was a real reason to go somewhere else, such as raining and no canopy, crowd, messy concrete (oil slick), etc. The biggest difference from tank to tank fill-ups is how fast I have been driving and the number of miles that were not on the road (highway).

I have just under 100 gallons in the two tanks on my RV that's about 5 years old ............should I dump it and purchase fresh fuel?

If you change your fuel filter at least once per year, the fuel will be just fine going into your engine! I always change my filter in late November or early December so it to be fresh for the winter months.
PS makes a product called Clear Diesel for long term storage of diesel to keep it fresh longer.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Diesel fuel age

PS makes a product called Clear Diesel for long term storage of diesel to keep it fresh longer.

Thanks! I probably should siphon out about 30 gallons and use in my Jetta (a little at a time) and replace the 30 gallons with fresh diesel and additive!

I also have had 40 gallons since Katrina (2005)..... with staybil in it!

Diesel fuel has much longer storage possibilities than gasoline (by far).