View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2018, 09:21   #6
Mongler98
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Race: 12mpg, Gandma:65mpg

$500 is not a hard pill to swallow considering fuel injection is the #1 biggest corner stone on any build, upgrade set up. Turbo is next in price and depending on what you get and from whom you get it from, the tune is the 3rd. those things are paramount and you cant go cheep or try and save a few bucks.
Learn how to weld, and save money by building your own custom exhaust, its not that difficult, same with a light port and polish on your head, cam work, and various other engine upgrades you can DIY the heck out of and save money, but this is NOT the place to do it, spend it when you need it. I should know, i have a set of pp.764 5hole nozzles in my AHU pop tested at stage 4 on an engine thats blasting out about 250~hp, Im dumping so much fuel into the engine that if its not warmed up to normal 170*F, it will hydro lock the bowl with fuel and do bad things. If those nozzles were not pop tested, i grantee on the first hard pull i ever did with them, that the engine would have a hole shooting out the side of it like a lazer cutter!

TLDR, this is not the place to screw around by saving a few bucks now vs blowing SH!T up
Mongler98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06937 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.91 Kb. compressed to 13.48 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.58%)]