Is TDIParts.com out of business?

FATCAT

Veteran Member
TDIParts.com website is unavailable for the past couple of days ... did they go out of business?

My 5-speed tranny is on its way out (pilot bering or something) and want to get some parts and clutch stuff since the tranny will be apart ...

Anyone have any info on what happened to TDIParts.com?

twentyeight

Veteran Member
TDI
1Z & ALH
That sucks. I really liked the name 'tdiparts'. Peter's a good guy, though, and I'll continue to buy from him under any name.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Agreed, IDParts isn't quite as catchy.

We're trying to think of a name for what the "ID" could stand for... right now its "independent diesel" - not incredibly exciting. Any ideas?

dieselstein

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDi (new) 2006 Jetta TDi (traded in on 2010) 1994 Golf TDi (dead) 2003 Jetta TDi (sold)
cevans said:
Agreed, IDParts isn't quite as catchy.

We're trying to think of a name for what the "ID" could stand for... right now its "independent diesel" - not incredibly exciting. Any ideas?
What about 'tdiiparts.com' (turbo diesel internet parts) or 'tdiclub.com/parts' and you can pay the Forum a user fee to piggyback on out http?

IDParts seems like a identity theft ring out of Nigeria. Lose the name already. Get creative guys. If VWoA has a problem with using the Forum http as a host, we'll boycott any dealer aftersales services and products. TDi is an accepted acronym all over the world for Turbo Diesel Injection used by many manufacturers. Push back. We'll support you.

Yreka

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Just ordered a rear wheel bearing assy from ID parts for $60 or so..

I can see why VWoA doesn't like them too much, they wanted to gouge me $247.50 for the same part.

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
I found IDParts cumbersome to read from the very first email when I heard about it and I still do. Eye Dee Parts dot com just does not roll off the tongue or around it my mind nicely, sorry. It find it sad, TDIParts was such a great name. Turbo Diesel Parts dot com would be cool. OOps, it was taken by tdpARTS company. Oh well.

At least when you google TDIparts.com the first few hits are still IDParts.com for now.

Jnitrofish

Veteran Member
TDI
2005.5, 2005.5, and 2006. 5m, 5m, and DSG.
NarfBLAST said:
At least when you google TDIparts.com the first few hits are still IDParts.com for now.
I think it will likely stay that way, if anything it will become a link to the old domain on TDIclub. That is unless Time Warner & Co. decides to make a totaldramaislandparts.com. (search TDI)

VWoA are idiots. IndigoBlueWagon & Co. are awesome regardless of their domain name. Hell, IDparts.com sure beats typing the IP address in every time.