Solid Urethane bushings rear beam/rear axle will these fit a Passat B4v?

Phi1osopher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V TDI Passat Wagon
Solid Urethane bushings beam/rear axle will these Golf/Jetta ones fit a Passat B4V?

I'm trying to sort out if these rear beam bushings that fit all the mid 1990's Jettas and Golfs will also fit my 1996 B4V Passat.
So I am working on Tulbirt, my 1996 B4V TDI Passat, and am creeping up on getting all the suspension and steering components sorted out. I'm almost done! This last run of ordering parts should be everything (for now): ball joints, motor mounts, front control arm bushings, seat glide bushings, and the rear beam bushings. I like the idea of solid rear beam axle bushings, and found these on the interwebs. They are sold by Whiteline out of Australia (or locally on eBay) for about $60 shipped.
Whiteline - W63391
https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=W63391

Last edited:

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I'm trying to sort out if these rear beam bushings that fit all the mid 1990's Jettas and Golfs will also fit my 1996 B4V Passat.
So I am working on Tulbirt, my 1996 B4V TDI Passat, and am creeping up on getting all the suspension and steering components sorted out. I'm almost done! This last run of ordering parts should be everything (for now): ball joints, motor mounts, front control arm bushings, seat glide bushings, and the rear beam bushings. I like the idea of solid rear beam axle bushings, and found these on the interwebs. They are sold by Whiteline out of Australia (or locally on eBay) for about $60 shipped.
Whiteline - W63391
https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=W63391
I used their websites (the US version too) and searched on make / model etc and didn't come up with the parts your showing here. I'm not sure what they go to but the W63391 doesn't show up as being for B4 Passat, at least for me.

Steve

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I have replaced literally dozens of B4 axle beam bushings, and do not think those will work. Based on the design, the axle beam bushings help center the axle beam and prevent lateral movement. It does not look like those work that way. They also help counter torque steer through braking and cornering, which is why the stock bushings are designed the way they are, and mounted 180 degrees opposite one another. I used to do so many we even made our own tool to use, which made things so much easier. It's currently on loan to TDIL3dad.