2018 equinox diesel

2013 tdi fan

TDI
Just posting a long term follow up on my jetta replacement the 2018 equinox diesel. Have tracked on fuelly over 64,000 miles and the lifetime fuel mileage is 41.9 mpg. First 2 oil changes were done by dealer everything else has been done by me. Only complaint is the fuel filter is a pain to change with the weak mounting bracket/location. Too bad chevy didn't advertise the diesel and now it is no longer offered. Haven't found any site that comes close to the awesome wealth of knowledge that this site has for the chevy diesel. Cheers

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
I seriously considered getting one of those, but I can't stand the start/stop feature. Anyone figure out a way to defeat that? Glad you are enjoying your ride!

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
Just posting a long term follow up on my jetta replacement the 2018 equinox diesel. Have tracked on fuelly over 64,000 miles and the lifetime fuel mileage is 41.9 mpg. First 2 oil changes were done by dealer everything else has been done by me. Only complaint is the fuel filter is a pain to change with the weak mounting bracket/location. Too bad chevy didn't advertise the diesel and now it is no longer offered. Haven't found any site that comes close to the awesome wealth of knowledge that this site has for the chevy diesel. Cheers
Excellent input! What is your approximate average % of city vs hwy?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
70% highway driving with 30% city. It is a front wheel drive only suv.
Thanks. Your 41.9 MPG average makes sense in this context. The cargo space is similar to the 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, around 30 ft³ with four people riding.

Fuelly is showing an average of around 37 MPG for the 2018 Equinox diesel model with the 1.6 L engine.