BRM Borg Warner BV39 vane actuator again

maloosheck

Veteran Member
TDI
2K6 1K2 BRM, 2K8 7L6 BWF, 85 16 MF

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
From Prothe no doubt? Guaranteed for 3 days or or 30 miles whichever comes first. I hope you have some type of guarantee.

Ryan_B

TDI
2006 Jetta & 2003 GOLF
I bought the one from Prothe. I had to cut off some of the braket just to get it to fit properly and then cut off another portion to get to the bolts to put it back in. I ended up using Allen bolts to make it easier when I re-installed. When I msg Prothe about the modifications I had to do to make it work he never replied. Also, this has given me a CEL that I haven't yet figured out how to 'fix'. I am getting boost now though which I was not before...

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I bought the one from Prothe. I had to cut off some of the braket just to get it to fit properly and then cut off another portion to get to the bolts to put it back in. I ended up using Allen bolts to make it easier when I re-installed. When I msg Prothe about the modifications I had to do to make it work he never replied. Also, this has given me a CEL that I haven't yet figured out how to 'fix'. I am getting boost now though which I was not before...

Another prothe victim. If you haven’t yet, do a search of his name on this forum.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
It's not just actuator alone. The installation and proper calibration/adaptation procedure is quite tricky but very important. Othervise you will be getting CELs, bad boost performance, etc...