Any value in DPF, Cat & EGR Cooler?

psrumors

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4
My car went back with a delete pipe. Any value in a DPF, CAT and EGR cooler that were removed at 6k miles considering the state of these TDIs?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Ebay this site or Vortex would be your best bet, I have an exhaust flap valve that I'm holding onto just in case I need it as I'm out of warranty on the Jetta, and VWoA picked up the tab on the first on at 70K.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
There certainly is scrap value. (for the DPF and NOX cat, not much for the cooler)

and there might be more demand (and higher price) once we see the details and practice of the fix on these cars.

if VW does not include a new DPF with the fix for all gen one cars, there will be more than a few which have cracked DPFs and may need them replaced in order to get the fix and incentive.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 is worth a look and a post.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Jetta 6MT Premium, 2012 TDI Jetta DSG Premium
I've got a complete exhaust system sitting on my shop floor too. Removed it from the 2011 Jetta during the Stage 2 Malone tune. Kept it just in case I had to put it back on for the buyback, but it was not needed. Going to take it to the scrap dealer. Removed it because of a cracked DPF, cheaper to do a stage 2 mod than fix the DPF.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Definitely have some value, they commonly fail and someone out there will impulsively want it after getting a big estimate from the stealership.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
Took the whole stock exhaust system to the scrap dealer and he wouldn't take any of it. Said that it was worthless? I would think that the cat, resonator, exhaust flap, and DPF would have some scrap value but dude said that it was worthless! Any thoughts out there?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Do those online stores also cater to tweakers looking to make a quick buck?

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
Mike:

Thanks for the links, my local dufus scrap dealer is clueless. My wife is currently contracting for Delta in Atlanta so she can drop it off at the recyclers for me.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Let us know what they end up giving you, Please.

Thanks

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
If anyone is giving away their delete pipe before turning in their cars, I wouldn't mind running around with one until I turn mine in :)

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
If anyone is giving away their delete pipe before turning in their cars, I wouldn't mind running around with one until I turn mine in :)
Well, I don't have a delete pipe, but I have a gutted DPF that just needs to be welded back together which would act like a delete pipe. Now that I've scheduled my turn-in, I won't have a chance to complete my project.

6DOF

Veteran Member
TDI
I have an exhaust flap assembly that was removed serviceable if someone is in need of one. I'll donate but recipient covers the shipping.

Update:"Donated the entire system to a TDI club member"

Last edited: