Monsoon Radio Removal Tools

ScentOfDiesel

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Does anyone know which of these:

Radio Removal Tools

will work for removing a double-DIN Monsoon radio in a 2002 Jetta? The radio has four slots, but I'm not certain which version of the radio removal tool is needed for this radio.

Thanks for the info.
- Brian -

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
Those look like the right ends, tho my tool doesn't look like that. Mine has three prongs, one for radios with horizontal slots (double din, newer single din) and vertical slots (older single din). Make sure you get 4 for a double din...

Jason

tdi_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
[ QUOTE ]
The ones (set of 4) with the angled ends on 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, those are just like the tools that the dealer uses. I have the tools with the 3 different sides, which work, but they aren't made nearly as well.

ScentOfDiesel

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the replies. Placed an order for them.

I know you can also used an old credit card cut in the shape of those tools, but remember hearing of someone breaking one of the clips doing that. So, I figured I'd spring for the tools.

Thanks again for the responses...

Eck

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 2003 reflex silver 2dr, 5 speed
Mine still wouldn't come out even with the 4 proper tools installed. I used 2 plastic mountain bike tire irons and jammed it in between the sides to break it loose.
Did no damage but made the job easier.

tdi_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I had the tool and still couldn't get it out. I wound up bringing the car down to the dealer so they could do it, which they did. They told me that people have had some issues getting them out and inserting the tool on the wrong side of the clip that holds the radio in.

Make sure you put the longest end of the tools toward the sides of the radio. It's hard to explain... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif