P2637 Torque Management Feedback signal "A"

TDIonPEI

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Wagen
What does this mean? Everyday a new code. Going to the dealership in the morning. The 04 jetta TDI's are a lot more work than my old 91 was.
Since I bought this car I have managed 1200 KMS between trouble codes.
:( P2637 with the luck I am having with this car it probably translates to a new transmission even though there is only a little over 82000 Kms 50000 miles. Any advice gladly accepted.
04 Jetta Wagen Automatic with PD engine
TKS
Al

ncroadwarrior

Veteran Member
TDI
04 JSW bew
I have had this code appear 2x now and in both cases it was a lack of proper signal from the alt to the ecu...once last year( which was a shocking experience)
and last week...P2637 Torque Management feedback signal a.

What I experienced on both occasions was hard shifting, preceded by a slight increase in engine rpm....

a simple unplug/plug back in of the alternator returned everything to normal and the codes disappeared.....after I got home I cleaned the alternator plug(male & female ends) with a good electrical cleaner and added some di-electric grease...

I will be having a full vagcom scan this weekend at a gtg, but last year when this happened I also had a full vagcom scan and everything showed up in specs....
Your tranny is fine
hope this helps ease your concerns...bd

JSW_Jim

TDI
2011 Jetta SportsWagen
I have had this code appear 2x now and in both cases it was a lack of proper signal from the alt to the ecu...once last year( which was a shocking experience) and last week...P2637 Torque Management feedback signal a.

What I experienced on both occasions was hard shifting, preceded by a slight increase in engine rpm....

a simple unplug/plug back in of the alternator returned everything to normal and the codes disappeared.....after I got home I cleaned the alternator plug(male & female ends) with a good electrical cleaner and added some di-electric grease...

Your tranny is fine
hope this helps ease your concerns...bd
ncroadwarrior,

Thanks for the post. I think I have a similar problem. My daughter's 2004 TDI was shifting fine but then she rear-ended another car. Car was towed to a shop where they replaced the radiator, did cosmetic repairs (lights) and called it good. When she got it back, she reported that the car was acting up and hard shifting and the check engine light on. It seems that she starts it up in the morning, drives about 10 minutes and the hard shifting happens. SHe compensates with the throttle to ease the shifting. She gets to work with the shifting problem. After her 8 hour shift, the car starts and drives fine until 10 minutes, and it starts the hard shifting again.

I can't believe it was the accident that caused this, but more likely that as the repair place was working, they pulled on some wires as they were replacing the radiator/fans or the lights. I guess hot radiator fluid running onto some wiring might be a suspect as well. Either way, I have not been able to get to the vehicle to try the alternator plug or check the wiring. She took it back to the repair shop and they can see the code, but didn't find any wiring amiss. I have a mobile repair guy with VAGCOM coming to take a look at it.

Anything specific he should be looking for when he does his analysis?

Best,

JSW