1982 Volkswagen Rabbit Pickup

coletraim00

TDI
1982 caddy pickup 1.6td
Selling a 1982 Volkswagen rabbit pickup. It has a 1.6 liter TURBO diesel installed and a 5 speed transmission from a 92 Jetta eco-diesel. The motor was totally refreshed before installation...seals, gaskets, head gasket. It starts and runs perfectly. It has front adjustable coil over shocks, fully adjustable to go from 2" above stock height to -4". Every brake line has been replaced recently. New rotors, calipers, and pads on front, and new shoes and springs on the rear. The only significant rust on this WAS the driver floor pan. I had it cut out and a brand new OEM complete pan professionally welded in with seam sealer, primer, and undercoat. I then ordered new carpet with the mastic backing (thicker rubber backing for better sound insulation), which made a huge difference in lowering the cabin noise. I installed Ricaro racing seats. I had the side bolsters completely redone. The seats are in like new condition. Very comfortable and supportive. The driver side does have a tiny mark between the bolster and the seat. It of course has some dents and dings on it. The tailgate can be hard to open. i believe it needs new bushings. The rear fender (the lip only) has surface rust and dented. Has boost gauge and amp meter installed aftermarket. Has a new battery and new battery pan and new battery hold down. New fuel injectors. Power steering. No ac, however the controls are in the truck and you can install ac later if so desired. This truck is very reliable as a daily driver. No leaks. Clean and dry. I spent my time owning it concentrating on the mechanics. I started on the interior. All that is left to do is paint it. the strut towers are in good shape with no rust at all. If you are looking to save some money on your fuel bill, this is the thing to have. I normally get between 49-58 MPG.
Call 570-223-9898.

Last edited:

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
You may want pictures of the struts on the engine bay side and right behind them since that is where the rust starts. And include and engine bay picture.

As far as the tailgate being hard to open-lets just say VW wasn't a good truck maker when it came to the tailgates and the parts that open and close. There is a metal tab that is bent toward the part that does the latching keeping things closed. If they aren't tooking the latch part and there is play there-won't open well. You can't put things agains the tailgate or it will bent those and it will still be hard to open. I have to do a special dance to get mine to work after the tabs broke off. No bushings really to worry about-but there is some bump-stops.