I'm back ! And teamed up with the best !

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
First of all my apologies for falling off the face of the earth . I had some problems at my shop as things were getting good with the big compound system . A group of people tried to destroy what I spent all that time building for all of our pleasure , and I just got sick of fixing things that were broke on a daily basis . The final straw was waking up and finding bent turbo shafts with punch marks by the compressor wheel ! But I'm over it now and have moved my work to Idaho , and have joined forces with Dr. Barry Sadler the original Dr. Performance ! This is the guy that set the first records in diesel performance in the 1/4 , pikes peak , and the salt flats. We are re-vamping my work to make a kit that will be affordable , and have stage power kits available soon to follow . And no more guess work , we have our own dyno , and still working with Mark Malone as well . I'm excited to be back and will keep up with the club and provide info as things progress , including the dyno sheets everyone wants to see for proof of power not just a bunch of neat looking parts lol....:p.
Please post here for all your inquaries

Update to this post 5/19

please refer to the fuel econemy section for more info about this system as I have started a new thread there that is very indepth

Last edited:

eb2143

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
A group of people tried to destroy what I spent all that time building for all of our pleasure , and I just got sick of fixing things that were broke on a daily basis . The final straw was waking up and finding bent turbo shafts with punch marks by the compressor wheel !
Wow...

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
does it matter right now? he isn't selling anything (at this time), he said he will be sharing information on performance tuning. good enough for me
It was just a question, (for him), unless you know him, and can answer for him.:cool:

From his post, he sounds like he is more than the average Joe that hasn't logged on in a while. I think that I should be allowed to ask...
Does it matter?
No, not really.

After reading through a few of his previous threads, I can see he is more likely a turbo/hp nut than a vendor. Props to you for the amazing non-budget. I envy you.

Last edited:

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Hey , thanks guys ! I can't tell you all how happy I am to be back in the game ! Those of you that followed my project know how much work and how much time I put into my beetle , and to have someone so jealous to come in to my place and break stuff I was going to share , and still plan to , just gave me no choice but to delay the release . But to be completely up front and honest I've agreed to turn my project over to Doc and his group . However I am living just next door to Doc and his wonderful family and will continue to be a part of the TDI project for an undetermined amount of time .

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
How about this ? you guys tell us what you want and we will build it , and prove it on the dyno ! Right now we have plans to do some really different things that will be affordable and let us use a stock car and turbo and build some useable power will keep EGT and EMP to allowable numbers ....

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
A 2.1 litre alh (bored and stroked; 84mm pistons and 100mm stroke) cr ported head, and gtb2260 single turbo. To go please?

I want to know where abouts I'm going to be at.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
A group of people tried to destroy what I spent all that time building for all of our pleasure , and I just got sick of fixing things that were broke on a daily basis . The final straw was waking up and finding bent turbo shafts with punch marks by the compressor wheel!
Wow thats sucky. Are you still working with old Greggles?

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
No lol Greg still don't have his car running . It's a shame too , had a hell of a good engine and that cage I built him was good enough to pass UT inspection and get cert . We are looking for a few NB's to buy in the Idaho Washington aera with alh stock if anybody has one please let me know

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
As of today no, but gsx should consider registering as a vendor soon based on his post.

Thank you.

:)

does it matter right now?
How about this ? you guys tell us what you want and we will build it , and prove it on the dyno ! Right now we have plans to do some really different things that will be affordable and let us use a stock car and turbo and build some useable power will keep EGT and EMP to allowable numbers ....

79TA7.6

Veteran Member
Live: Wilbur/Creston; Work: Moses Lake Washington
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta, 2002 TDI Golf, 2005 TDI Golf
No lol Greg still don't have his car running . It's a shame too , had a hell of a good engine and that cage I built him was good enough to pass UT inspection and get cert . We are looking for a few NB's to buy in the Idaho Washington aera with alh stock if anybody has one please let me know
Check the Spokane area craigslist. Right now there are a bunch of Beetles listed.

BTW, where in Idaho are you?

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
Good to see a local-ish (NW area) vendor.

Throw this in the suggestion box:
Since no one has been able to do a compound turbo setup, if you could break into this market you would have a total niche, be like apple, always pushing the envelope. Maybe break into the 400hp territory. Sounds like you have the research team to do it!

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Good to see a local-ish (NW area) vendor.
Throw this in the suggestion box:
Since no one has been able to do a compound turbo setup, if you could break into this market you would have a total niche, be like apple, always pushing the envelope. Maybe break into the 400hp territory. Sounds like you have the research team to do it!

Your dead on ! Doc built his business based on special injectors , which are being designed for our cars now . We have the machine that does the nozzles and the Bosch test stand ! I'm trying to find the vid for you guys of one of Docs trucks With a cummins 5.9 running a 7.80 @ like 168 MPH in the 1/4 :eek: and yes we fully intend to be in the 400 HP range soon even if we have to cryo treat everything lol .

Yes I need to move to vendor here . However it might be another couple weeks before we have dyno results , and Doc won't sell anything that we just think does such and such . Everything will have dyno proof . We have an enertia and Eddie currant dyno so the numbers you get will be real

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
well its all working out for the best now . thanks for the other vid clip , however I cant claim any of the work on any of the dragster (rail) Dr. P there is a guy named Kenny Laughlin that has run under the name Dr. Performance for some years now , and we are not associated with him . The Dakota vid I posted is the one I worked on and still looking for the vid of it running in the 7's in the 1/4 ! One thing I want everyone to know about me is I will not try to claim someone else's work such as the dragster , and will always be up front with this kind of honesty in an effort to build a great reputation for our business . that Dr. P however is the continued work of Dr. Barry Sadler whom I am currently working with , even though thats a seperate business.

dieselpower04

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS TDI (sold)
Compound turbos would still be streetable on a TDI right? My thinking on the matter is that with normal throttle input from driving around town, the smaller turbo would be doing all the work (like a normal TDI). But when the request for more power is made, the beauty of compounds come to life!

You can PM me if you want to talk particulars. I think this idea on a TDI is so sick! Its what big diesel truck dudes do!!

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
what about doing a compound in sequential form? i did a youtube search for compound turbos and found a guy who did a pretty fancy compound set up on a 2JZ R32 nissan 300ZX

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Yes , I have seen that 2JZ compound turbo too . We are after the same thing here with the TDI . The goal is to have a car that drives like its still stock in town and at cruise , but when you request power it should just keep building from the stock feel into an animal ! :D

UsArmyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta (rip)
thats sweet man!!!! ill volenteer my car my car!!!! lol. but for real?

i have wondered if it would be plausable to but something like the induction system on a 92 series detroit; blown and turboed. i read about a d max that had a 8.1 litre blower boosted by 2 turbos. im off in dream land now, but it still would be cool

gsx700whp

Veteran Member
TDI
98 beetle alh
Anything is possible ! If you build it they will come hahaha , and anyone that has followed my work knows I've built a lot of different stuff for my car