Transmission shift hesitation when cold

Agtech4020

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I have a 2001 Jetta TDI that is unfortunatly equipted with an Automatic transmission. Since the weather has gotten cold I have noticed that the transmission will hesitate between 2nd and 3rd gear giving a slight neutral feel. Once the car warms up the transmission shifts perfectly normal, I can't make it slip or act up at all. I had the transmission rebuilt about 50,000 miles ago and have had very little trouble with it. I'm not a hot rod driver and the care is bone stock with 225,000 total miles. The transmission fluid was changed only 10,000 miles ago.

I have heard that the transmission shift valve is know to have issues and wonder if my issue might be an indication that it needs replacing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

feuerwehr7

TDI
2013 JSW Automatic
Hello there!! I have the same problem B U T my ATF fluid was changed less than 800 miles ago. This symptom is very erratic and also not jet a error code. Any help or suggestion from anybody? I read and read but it got me all confusion rather than enlightened. 2002 Jetta TDI 151000 Miles

Agtech4020

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
In the end I found out that my torque convertor was turning itself into shavings. The fix ended up being a completly rebuilt transmission with a new torque convertor to the tune of $3,250. On the bright side the car has never shifted so well! This is why you don't spare any expence on torqe convertors, going cheap only costs you in the long run.