OBD2 Port won't communicate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixedgas=hauledass

TDI
2004 Volkswagen Beetle TDI pd
Hey everyone,

So, I went to go somewhere yesterday and I tripped into limp mode. Went and got my Blue Scanner (I have previously used it on this vehicle and it worked great) and plugged it into the port but it would not communicate. Tried my scanner in a few other vehicles and it communicates with them, so the issue is not the scanner. Since I last used my scanner on my Beetle, I have installed and aftermarket stereo, so I'm pretty sure the problem with the communication is due to this install. From what I have read online, the problem is usually due to the K Line. I saw the Ross-Tech article (Ross-Tech: VCDS: Afterrmarket Radio Problem) and I check the volts between 4-7 and it was 11.23v ... so I than cut the K-line loop in the radio harness (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUTbp8adeeo) at still no communication. I watched another video that showed that simply unplugging one of the aftermarket radio jacks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEKUOCKs3no) No communication. I have checked fuses 12,29,32,34,37,41,42, and 43 and they are all good (Fuse chart 2003 beetle).
I have undone both battery terminals, held them together for 10sec, than apart for 10sec, than reattached...Nothing.

Also, since the last time I had my reader connected to this car my ignition switch burnt out (Faulty Ignition Switch/Relay). Is there any chance this has something to do with why my obd2 port wont talk?
What am I missing here?

Thanks

mixedgas=hauledass

TDI
2004 Volkswagen Beetle TDI pd
Well... I don't know what is going on.

Here's what I've done;

Checked all the fuses again
tried pulling radio fuse
pulled the radio and aftermarket harness
pulled the airbag and the airbag module
unplugged the abs module

Since I last had my scanner connected to this vehicle I have;

Put in new struts (wheel speed sensor?)
Put in a new alternator
Put in new radio
put in a new ignition switch

I also had a short in my left rear side marker

I have trashed the OEM radio... but would it make any sense to try to get another oem beetle radio from a wrecker and install it?

I'm taking a 24hr break from this thing.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Please do not cross-post threads into multiple forums. I'll close this thread and keep the one in the Mk4 forum open since it's getting more activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.