TDIFest 2016 is coming to Wisconsin

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
There is the high speed ferry from muskegon, MI to the port of milwaukee as well. 60+ miles per hour. Huge catamaran. They have an adults only lounge as well for a few dollars more. drops you about 2 hours south of Door County.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Why not shoot across the north side of Lake Huron too? That would be a nice drive.

( I know it is a lot shorter to use the Blue Water Bridge)

NarfBLAST

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf 5MT
Why not shoot across the north side of Lake Huron too? That would be a nice drive.

( I know it is a lot shorter to use the Blue Water Bridge)
That is my plan exactly: take the far north route!

Weird thing is that hanging a giant right turn around Lake Huron and Georgian bay only takes an extra hour and twenty minutes according to Google Maps. Neat!

Saulte Ste Marie Route: 1259 km (13h 18m) https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Wate...ffaede52bbb!2m2!1d-87.354472!2d44.8242679!3e0

vs

Blue water bridge Route: 1205 km (11h 56m) https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Wate...ffaede52bbb!2m2!1d-87.354472!2d44.8242679!3e0

I love Google Maps.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Last edited:

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Tonight I happened to get on TDI Club and saw the Fest is in Wisconsin. I booked my room and plan to be there!
Great!

Registration update: We should have event registration open by the end of this month! Our goal is to be ready by the World Impex GTG on May 21st. :cool:

DI fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Just got the room reserved. I've never been to a TDI fest so I'm wondering b4 I register how does the food all-in option work? Does it cost extra and what does it all include. Does it include entry to extra events? Is there some kinda of meal schedual........etc????

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Just got the room reserved. I've never been to a TDI fest so I'm wondering b4 I register how does the food all-in option work? Does it cost extra and what does it all include. Does it include entry to extra events? Is there some kinda of meal schedual........etc????
It is all right here: http://wiki.tdifest.com/doku.php?id=tdifest2016:start&redirect=1

Friday night's "Meet and Greet", Saturday's breakfast, and Sunday's Awards banquet are optional meals that you can sign up for when you do your Fest registration. I just checked, and the registration page isn't up yet.

Last edited:

DI fan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Sailor, I just walk through online registration. If you go to the events login page it shows 2015fest. After you log in it changed to 2016 for me. See y'all there!!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Food "all-in" gives you entry into the three food events listed below:
  • Friday meet & greet
  • Saturday speaker breakfast
  • Sunday awards banquet
Selecting the "all-in" option gives you a $10 discount compared to buying each item individually.

Note: This does not include the Chicago Fireboat tour of Sturgeon Bay on Saturday night, which is a separate option when you proceed with either type of registration (all-in or regular).

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Good news! Registration is now live at http://events.tdiclub.com

If you have any questions about what is happening at Fest, you want to see a rough schedule of events, or you need a map of the area and local attractions, please see http://wiki.tdifest.com Please note that this page is a work in progress and is updated regularly. Check back periodically for updates to our activities and schedule.

Anyone who is booked at the hotel AND registered for the event by June 15th, 2016 will be entered into our free suite upgrade raffle! One lucky winner will receive a complimentary upgrade to a suite with whirlpool bath, fireplace, separate bedroom, kitchenette and balcony.

We hope to see you at TDIFest 2016 in Door County, Wisconsin!

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else, but can someone put together a simple flow chart for this process?

I went to register, but it says I'm not eligible and then asks for some sort of membership, but that's not obvious how that interacts with the fest registration based on the options I have to choose (food, events, etc), and then this does not include the hotel as near as I can tell. Maybe I'm just not seeing it this year, but I remember past fests being relatively simple/straightforward. Give your username, pick your options, pay your bill and you're done.

I'm a forum member, I want to go to TDIFest - what do I need to do?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else, but can someone put together a simple flow chart for this process?

I went to register, but it says I'm not eligible and then asks for some sort of membership, but that's not obvious how that interacts with the fest registration based on the options I have to choose (food, events, etc), and then this does not include the hotel as near as I can tell. Maybe I'm just not seeing it this year, but I remember past fests being relatively simple/straightforward. Give your username, pick your options, pay your bill and you're done.

I'm a forum member, I want to go to TDIFest - what do I need to do?
From the http://wiki.tdifest.com page:

Registration Instructions

TDIClub memberships must be purchased before registering for TDIFest 2016. Please visit the TDIClub membership area found here. http://forums.tdiclub.com/payments.php

Once you have purchased a “contributor” or “enthusiast” level membership to TDIClub, you may register for TDIFest 2016 by visiting our registration page at events.tdiclub.com.
Making a hotel reservation is a separate process, which is also described in the TDIFest wiki page.

Lodging & Reservations

☎ 920-743-5555

All hotel reservations must be made by phone. When calling, tell them you're with TDIFest and they will help you create a reservation. Be sure to decide what type of room you'd like and familiarize yourself with the deposit and cancelation policies listed below.
Please make sure you see the wiki page for the available room types, as there are several options.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Is Pay Pal the only way to pay?
We also accept good old fashioned checks (cheques in Canada ;)) if you don't have a PayPal account (like me). PM me for more information.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I completed registration but after checking out it said, "You have have chosen to cancel your payment". Please contact me if payment was not received.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah we seem to be having a bit of a problem with that. :eek:

For now, just sit tight until we get it resolved. Payment can be completed later on, so you shouldn't have to create a new registration.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Still waiting for a resolution on the PayPal issues so that we can continue with registration. Thanks for your patience! :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
We are back in business! Feel free to resume making your registrations.

Payment options include paying with a PayPal account or paying by credit card via PayPal without a PayPal account.