Roll call for Colorado

Weegie5

TDI
2004 Golf GLS
new to the forum

Hey gang,

My name is James and I just bought an '04 Golf today. I look forward to meeting you (in person or virtually) and learning a lot from the forum.

BgRedBrck

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 JETTA
Hey guys I would love to attend a GTG. Sundays work best for me. I would host the GTG but I live in Cap Hill and Parking sucks so it would not be advantages to a car club GTG. HAHA So If someone lives in suburbia or lucky enough to have good parking let us know. I would be happy to show up early to help set up and stay late to help clean up (although i bet this group would be very respectful). Hope to hear from you all soon.

Tim

tomtcos

TDI
2012 Jetta
Colorado Springs

Living in Colorado Springs, commuting to Englewood.
Purchased the Jetta this past summer, trading a 1992 Range 4x4. Now I only fill up every four work days.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I am considering GTG'ing BEFORE the cold cold comes into Pagosa Springs.
If anyone is interested, please let me know...

It is a great drive, beautiful and many things to do en-route, good excuse to get out of the big city(Denver that is).
Johnny
ZIP 81147

Last edited:

TdiTaff

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Golf TDi 5Speed
As I mentioned previously, i'm in!
I've been down to Cortez but not Pagosa Springs, the route looks interesting and probably a great drive.
Hopefully see you all soon!!

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Hmmm, maybe in a couple/three weeks BEFORE the cold-cold settles in?

Possible accomodations @ a friends house(west facing 2 car garage), very close to mine where we cold work on the cars(I'll check on that).

Let's do it!

John

As I mentioned previously, i'm in!
I've been down to Cortez but not Pagosa Springs, the route looks interesting and probably a great drive.
Hopefully see you all soon!!

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI
Is there any interest in meeting in the next couple of weeks to see if we could put a fest proposal forward?????

I feel like we would need to meet at least 3 times and have 8 to 10 local area members form a committee.

TDIinNorCO

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Hey, newbie here and just purchased an 04 Jetta GLS. Picked it up in Dallas, drove back to Denver on about a tank and a halfish...

I actually live in Dacono. This is my first diesel and I'm loving it already!

Definitely looking to make a couple upgrades with this badboy and am happy to have found a place that will point me in the right direction to do so! Would also love to meet up with you guys...

A_Shifter

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI
A handful of us met for some brews down by DTC several years ago, but as far as I know, that was about it.
Name the time and place & I'd be willing to give it another shot.

qhartman

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon w/ chainectomy
I just moved (back) to denver from Eugene Oregon. I own a 2005 Passat. I'm missing Oregon a bunch for my car, b100 was super easy to find out there and it seems impossible here. Anyone know of a decent source? Also I've noticed the performance has suffered after the move. Would the altitude and/r switching from b100 (most of the time) to petrol really make a noticable difference?

DrFaustus

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It's tough to find B100 outside of driving to Boulder.

Performance wise, the altitude is to blame. It's even worse in naturally aspirated engines.

Mike_Van

Veteran Member
TDI
(SOLD) 2010 Golf, 2 door
http://www.nearbio.com/

...searching by ZIP shows options in Denver, Golden & Commerce City, too, but I have not visited them personally.
Give them a shout the phone #'s listed.

Indeed, altitude is the killer. Only the 'right foot mod' seems to help at all ;(

Last edited: