View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:50   #231
cmitchell
Veteran Member

If the fest were earlier in the summer I would certainly be to every single one. I'm a member of another organization (ALPCA) that has a convention each year in late June or July and I've been to each one since I joined in 1997. I've been to Niagara Falls twice, Chattanooga, Tennessee, Providence, Rhode Island, Peoria, Illinois, & Huntsville, Alabama to name a few. In fact I drove to the convention in Erie, Pennsylvania in June 2009, and I'll be heading to Arlington, Texas in July 2010. My wife and I are both school teachers so Labor Day weekend is the worst possible weekend for us to do any traveling. School always starts the Tuesday after, so we usually spend a good part of the weekend at school getting ready. The Portland Fest is likely the only one I will be able to attend until I retire. I CAN handle a 5.5 hour drive. So... it's not that I don't WANT to attend fests in other parts of the country... I DO... and I would! It just isn't possible for me on Labor Day weekend. I thoroughly enjoy the eastern USA... especially New England. In fact Wife & I nearly moved to Bennington, Vermont a few years ago. We decided we couldn't handle the pay cut... plus the winters are a bit exteme for us. So please come on out if you can. I'm sure you'll have a great time in PDX.

2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5 speed black / black leather
2013 Subaru Outback Limited Cypress Green (Wife's)
1983 Isuzu P'up 4X4 diesel 4 speed
cmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06627 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.44 Kb. compressed to 13.92 Kb. by saving 1.51 Kb. (9.79%)]