View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2018, 18:06   #1304
lvrpl

TDI(s): Passat TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvrpl View Post
Again, incorrect. If you're so certain that you're correct, I'd challenge you to call the Colorado DMV and ask them. Seriously - before you dismissively brush off other people because you assume you must know better, call the source. I am 100% certain you will find you are mistaken, at least in the state of Colorado (and Texas, for that matter).

Don't take my word for it. Call them. Just to prove me wrong. Also, you describe that process as illegal. Being the legal expert you've told us you are previously, please show us the legal statute in Colorado that dictates a branded title must be issued in every case that an insurance company declares a car a total loss.

And if you can actually cite anyone or anything saying that what I described is illegal or not possible in Colorado, I will happily apologize and and readily admit that I was mistaken. And by the way, while I may not be a trained attorney as you've implied you are, I have worked with an auto rebuilder for a couple of decades and am very familiar with how the process of branding titles works in states across the country. But again, in this case, a short chat with Colorado's DMV and Titles staff will easily answer this question.
Ok, I'll help you out a bit. Take a look at this link straight from the Colorado DMV website (which cites Colorado statutes), and notice the phrase "excluding hail damage".

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dmv/salvage-vehicles

Sure, most states don't do this. And, yes, in the vast majority of cases in the vast majority states, a car that is totaled by an insurance company must and does result in a branded title. But not always. And your absolute statements on this topic aren't correct and are spreading misinformation to a lot of people that are already in a stressful situation.
lvrpl is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07346 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.17 Kb. compressed to 14.70 Kb. by saving 1.47 Kb. (9.10%)]